Thread: Non-Participative Spouse is Also Losing Weight....Ain't Love Grand? page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Non-Participative Spouse is Also Losing Weight....Ain't Love Grand?

I'm day 17 of Primal and I feel amazing. Pounds are melting away and I'm down 2". My marathon-running husband, who is a dentist, has been mildly amused with my 'new eating regieme' and thinks I sound a bit like an "infomercial". I laughed, and told him the "proof was in the pudding". My husband doesn't believe in 'fancy diets' as he prefers "everything in moderation".

Anyway, since I do the grocery shopping and prepare all meals (I enjoy cooking), Mr. smarty-pants husband has also been eating primal. (There's no bread, sweets, cheese etc in the house).

Today, he put his pants on, and they are loose around his tummy. I told him, "hey, you are losing weight, too!" to which he replied, "these are my big pants".

O-K-A-Y --- be that way but like it or not, you're basically primal and losing weight! :-)
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    sh, those are just his big pants
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Ha, this is great way to go!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    His big man pants.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I'm wondering why he hasn't realised he's eating primal yet

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    I'm wondering why he hasn't realised he's eating primal yet
    Meh, some people don't care what they're eating so long as someone else has the tasks of procuring, preparing, and serving said eats.

And honestly, it's probably easier to put paleo in front of a man and have it mistaken for regular food. Even when I was 100% into an industrial diet, I still wouldn't have turned my nose up at steak or ribs or roast chicken or sausages. And I learned to adapt to weird food situations in college, when if you were out of something you were out of it. No money to run out and get more.

I can easily see this scenario unfolding:
    Me (eyeing a hamburger on my plate with lettuce and tomato and onions handy) - where's the buns, dude?
    Mythical College Roomate - We don't have any buns. Just wrap it in lettuce, like this.
    Me (still wanting a bun but used to such improv) *shrUg* - topping burger with onion and tomato and wrapping it in lettuce - Nom.