Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to raise low blood pressure? page 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncgirl View Post
    What tests were done? did they check your free t3 and free t4? If they only check tsh this would not tell you everything.
    These are the thyroid related things I've had tested (not sure of some are the same thing or unimportant):
    TSH
    Free T4
    Total T4
    Total T3
    T3 Up
    T7

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    How about adrenal fatigue?
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

I had a hair analysis about 4 years ago (again, not sure if that is a valid way to measure things, though I read that it is an excellent way to test for presence of heavy metals, which was my main concern) and it indicated I was experiencing adrenal fatigue. Anytime I've looked up info on how to heal that, it's basically what I've been doing for the past year; lower stress, eat healthy, stay away from alcohol and caffeine. Never seems to improve, so I'm thinking that either it's a made up thing, or something that will never improve.

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I have low BP, and I once wound up in the ER because I fainted in a public place--dehydration.

You mentioned that you drink plenty of fluids--as do I--but my cardiologist told me that if my electrolytes are 'off,' that fluid goes right through me and doesn't hydrate me sufficiently. He recommended a sports drink every morning if my BP seems very low when I wake (as it often does).

That has helped me. I also use a lot of salt.

Keep in mind that as long as you don't have any 'symptoms' (dizziness, faint), low BP is considered healthy.

One more thing--have you lost substantial weight? I have lost close to 200lbs in the past few years, and my cardiologist told me that the vascular system doesn't shrink--i.e., I have to hydrate as much as a 350 lb person, although I weigh only 145. I 'drink' almost constantly all day long.

Ncgirl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    These are the thyroid related things I've had tested (not sure of some are the same thing or unimportant):
    TSH
    Free T4
    Total T4
    Total T3
    T3 Up
    T7

The important things are FREE t3(active hormone) and FREE T4(storage hormone). Free indicates this is what is actually usable. The total and uptakes are pretty much worthless. What was your TSH and Free T4? You also really need to know Free T3 because this is the only way you can know how well you are converting T4 to T3. That could be the root of your problem.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bestburner, I don't want to speculate a diagnosis... but - I presume you've looked into low stomach acid?

camel is offline Senior Member
    Wear tight pants.
    But really, a friend almost died from low blood pressure, they put tension socks on him And he went home from the hosPit the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey Bestburner, I don't want to speculate a diagnosis... but - I presume you've looked into low stomach acid?
    No, i haven't - is this related to low blood pressure issues?

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Wear tight pants.
    Guess I'll keep those skinny jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    But really, a friend almost died from low blood pressure, they put tension socks on him And he went home from the hosPit the next day.
    Sorry to hear that. The compression socks really, work, huh? Maybe I'll have to get me a pair of those to wear with my skinny jeans, ha!

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    No, i haven't - is this related to low blood pressure issues?
    I took betaine hcl for low stomach acid, and I haven't had low bp symptoms. Hmmm
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast