Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How are traditional Irish meals? page 6

HazelPrimalNut is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I have no doubt Ireland has great healthy foods. But I also have no doubt that Ireland has aweful bad foods as well, like every other country.
    I will no longer about the week, not because I don't care, but because there not much to do about it. If I have to eat fries all week long then so be it.

And I'm sorry, I didn't see your advice, I'll look it up
    Oh and quick tip - we don't call them fries over here. We call them chips. And we call chips crisps. Enjoy!

I've just realised you're from Holland! I thought you were American. I'm going to Holland on my hols in October. I know you guys love your dairy, hence you being the tallest nation in the world. Love your cheeses.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazelPrimalNut View Post
    Oh and quick tip - we don't call them fries over here. We call them chips. And we call chips crisps. Enjoy!
    Yeah that still gets me confused.. and Pudding.. everything is pudding... including stuff thats not pudding... like black pudding (tip.. NOT A DESSERT!)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazelPrimalNut View Post
    I've just realised you're from Holland! I thought you were American. I'm going to Holland on my hols in October. I know you guys love your dairy, hence you being the tallest nation in the world. Love your cheeses.
    Cool! Where in holland are you going? And yeah, cheese here is great however cheese without tons of additives becomes harder and harder to find
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Yeah that still gets me confused.. and Pudding.. everything is pudding... including stuff thats not pudding... like black pudding (tip.. NOT A DESSERT!)
    No - that is Britain especially England. We say dessert in Ireland. We do say black pudding though, cause that's real pudding and sooooo delicious but unfortunately not very primal

@Gadsie - I'm being very boring and going to Amsterdam. Have been to Holland before and I love the cycling everywhere, very healthy alternative mode of transport. Can't believe the cheese is full of additives, while Ireland does have it's problems with "plastic cheese" most of what we have is the good stuff. In fact we do love out cheese and most supermarkets have a great selection of aged cheese with no additives. Yum!

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Aaaahhh.....Zoebird.....how rejuvinating to see some compassion on this forum. A beautiful and articulate response to our responsibility as members to others struggling with whatever it is they choose to share about here.

Gadsie - I see your butter as a security blanket, if it relieves your anxiety to take it with you then go for it. My mammy is Irish, who knows what you'll be eating, but I grew up on meat in various forms and potatoes in many forms. What she can't do with a potato isn't worth knowing. I hope you have a good trip, you might find you are more resourceful and adaptable than you think, I look forward to knowing how you coped.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Seriously, Lay off him.

First, you all need to realize that Gadsie is living in a different culture than most of us. The majority of us are Americans, and will never experience such. In Europe, if I recall correctly, it is quite common to have additional schooling in other countries. He is not spoiled; he is experiencing a normal thing.

Second, would you really tell someone who is at the most important growing time of their life to go ahead and "eat whatever?" You all should know how food changes genetic expression, and his hormones are already in pure chaos! In addition, as Zoebird mentioned, he has a different body type than most people have, which changes the rules completely. Also, he WANTS to eat well! Praise such ambition, for it is rare that a teen cares about their own health in such a way. He is taking the high road, while many of us sure as hell failed in our teenage years. How many times did we give into the pizza and snacks, even though we knew they were bad for us?

Third, I do not know about any of you, but if I eat anything non strict, I get sick. I get bloated, my mood and personality changes, and I break out. In more severe cases, I experience bone pain and extreme fatigue to the point where walking is a chore.

A great deal of you turned this thread into a flame-fest, and that is something that we are trying to avoid here at these forums. This should be a safe haven, where you can ask questions, and get thoughtful responses without any of the BS.

Gasie, as Lewis said, Irish traditional diet is close to primal. If you can, explain clearly and precisely to your host family your needs and your goals. You desire to stick close to traditional samplings. If they have any Irish pride left, they will do their best to help you. Do not worry about butter, Kerrygold in Ireland is superb. Vegetables will be plentiful. You will likely be able to go to market every day and get fresh items.

By the way, I saw your squat video. Good job on your health; you are looking better than when you first posted your picture months ago. Your confidence seems to be improving too, and your anxiety lessening, without harming your insatiable curiosity.
    Thanks I'm looking forward to ireland.
    And feel a lot healthier as well
    Billie trips balls

Danielfire is offline Senior Member

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456