Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How are traditional Irish meals? page 4

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I have to agree with fuzzy logic.

When I'm overseas, I eat what I can find, what is served, and I don't worry a bit about my diet. It's a privilege to be able to travel, so stop obsessing and go enjoy yourself.
    Yeah I will, it's just that I don't want my gym work to go to waste, especially because I will come back, be home for a week or so, leave again for a week, be home for a week again and leave for another week.
    Billie trips balls

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Yeah I will, it's just that I don't want my gym work to go to waste, especially because I will come back, be home for a week or so, leave again for a week, be home for a week again and leave for another week.
    Wow, you are so lucky you get to travel that much and see all those interesting countries and their cultures. You know how many kids your age would envy you?
    Just do some hardcore workout in the week in between your travels and relax and enjoy life when you are away. Muscles only grow if they get restitution you know. A carbload may even improve your results... See it as an experiment

Traveling should be about expanding your horizons and get memories for life. Not obsessing over not getting enough protein or being negative towards the people who are hosting you and inviting you into their homes.
    Be adventurous and I hope you have fun!
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Quote Originally Posted by ToldUzo View Post
    Wow, you are so lucky you get to travel that much and see all those interesting countries and their cultures. You know how many kids your age would envy you?
    Just do some hardcore workout in the week in between your travels and relax and enjoy life when you are away. Muscles only grow if they get restitution you know. A carbload may even improve your results... See it as an experiment

Traveling should be about expanding your horizons and get memories for life. Not obsessing over not getting enough protein or being negative towards the people who are hosting you and inviting you into their homes.
    Be adventurous and I hope you have fun!
    The reason I worry is because eversince I was 10 or so I have been trying to build muscle by pullups and pushups, without the slightest success. Now I joined a gym and started starting strenghth and after 4 months I think i gained 1-2 lbs of muscle only. So even the least amount of muscle loss would mean going back 2 months in the program..
    But someone else said hardgainers maintain muscle easier so I hooe that's true
    Billie trips balls

The reason I worry is because eversince I was 10 or so I have been trying to build muscle by pullups and pushups, without the slightest success. Now I joined a gym and started starting strenghth and after 4 months I think i gained 1-2 lbs of muscle only. So even the least amount of muscle loss would mean going back 2 months in the program..
    But someone else said hardgainers maintain muscle easier so I hooe that's true
    Not many 10 year old kids gain a lot of muscle even when trying. Their bodys are growing end developing instead.. But now that you are older the more testosterone makes it easier for you to grow muscle. So don't worry that much about your few weeks of travels.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Well, I think I'll stomp past the mob of angry people berating this "sploit" child and give some genuine advice.

A week or two of not lifting should not make any noticeable difference. You really do not need that much protein to maintain muscle while eating at maintenance or a caloric surplus. If you get more than 100 gm per day of protein during this week or two, you should have no problems maintaining your muscle.

If I were in this situation, I would say I had a gluten allergy. (which I actually do, but that's beside the point) I would make up some excuse to bring and cooking fat and have them use it. "This tallow was rendered by 5 year old dying from leukemia, as a gift for you." I probably wouldn't go through all that trouble, though...sounds like the Irish like their Kerrygold.

Don't worry about minor offenders like corn, brown rice, beans, etc. Not that you'll have to worry about those foods because from my limited knowledge of the Irish people, they aren't chomping down on brown rice and beans. Potatoes are fine, have as many as you want. Actually, what you really need to do is just find an excuse for everything you can't eat.

Yet, when it is all said and done, considering you have no negative reactions to these unhealthy foods, the difference between eating soybean covered wheat flakes in soy milk or a standard primal food for a week won't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    Well, I think I'll stomp past the mob of angry people berating this "sploit" child and give some genuine advice.

A week or two of not lifting should not make any noticeable difference. You really do not need that much protein to maintain muscle while eating at maintenance or a caloric surplus. If you get more than 100 gm per day of protein during this week or two, you should have no problems maintaining your muscle.

If I were in this situation, I would say I had a gluten allergy. (which I actually do, but that's beside the point) I would make up some excuse to bring and cooking fat and have them use it. "This tallow was rendered by 5 year old dying from leukemia, as a gift for you." I probably wouldn't go through all that trouble, though...sounds like the Irish like their Kerrygold.

Don't worry about minor offenders like corn, brown rice, beans, etc. Not that you'll have to worry about those foods because from my limited knowledge of the Irish people, they aren't chomping down on brown rice and beans. Potatoes are fine, have as many as you want. Actually, what you really need to do is just find an excuse for everything you can't eat.

Yet, when it is all said and done, considering you have no negative reactions to these unhealthy foods, the difference between eating soybean covered wheat flakes in soy milk or a standard primal food for a week won't mean shit.
    Yeah I was mainly worried about destroying months of work, but that's cool now I guess. I won't stress about the food though I will bring my own butter because I don't see a reason why not
    Billie trips balls

Yeah I was mainly worried about destroying months of work, but that's cool now I guess. I won't stress about the food though I will bring my own butter because I don't see a reason why not
    Butter is the least thing you need to bring to Ireland, haha:
    Kerrygold Butter, Kerrygold Cheese, kerrygold Recipes, Products and Much More |*Kerrygold Ireland (Intl)

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Because for the most part, the butter over here is as good & why use up luggage space on something thats likely to get you strip searched & probed in customs?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Because for the most part, the butter over here is as good & why use up luggage space on something thats likely to get you strip searched & probed in customs?
    Seriously - I come from a country where no food stuffs are allowed to be brought in. If you do, you get sniffer dogs corner you, and huge fines. Let the selfish, self-absorbed teenager get strip searched - he might learn a life lesson.

Why does he think the butter he is going to take with him, is somehow better than Ireland's anyway? The superiority complex needs adjusting...

Where did I say dutch butter is better than Irish butter? I don't care. But I'm sure vegetable is present in ireland
    Billie trips balls

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast