Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: attractive female body? page

enriquegp is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Hey everyone. I was watching a very fascinating documentary about women's obsession with thinness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxbcPwRuj4

Watch the whole doc, it is quite interesting. But it did make me wonder, is having a good body composition achieved through healthy means achievable for most women? I've never really liked skinny women, unless the face was utter perfection. I've always been more attracted to fit and strong women.

Personally, I have found the best Hollywood bodies to have been Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2, Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity, Janette Goldstein in Aliens, and Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby.

In the real world I have found the more effeminate women of Crossfit, Jackie from Girlwithnoname (http://www.girlwithnoname.com/about/), and Mark's own wife Carrie (don't kill me Mark) to be especially attractive.

But is that really an achievable body shape for many women, or are they just blessed genetically? Moreover, is being lean without a couple of love handles actually healthy?

bruce.b is offline Member

Mark just posted a link to what I consider an ideal female body comp/shape. It's the link to Coach Tara doing pushups. She looks pretty much perfect, IMO. More so than her body comp I like how she moves and has the strength to do all the stuff she does. Impressive. It was her video workouts that convinced me to move my workouts more in the direction of what she does.

bruce b.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

bruce, I'm with you. Coach Tara looks GREAT. Maybe someday I'll be able to have a strong lean body like hers.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Graeme is offline Junior Member

Were is the link to Coach Tara vid?

bruce.b is offline Member

Home Page, Mark's Daily Apple TV, Coach Tara

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I couldn't go more than a minute. Our society's phobia with skinny is sick, sick, sick. I came of age during the sixties and other than a few bodybuilders your body was what it was. It was natural, tweaked a little this way or that by some exercise or choice of diet, but not this obsession.

Only two days ago my GF emailed me a Victoria's Secret sale flyer "for my enjoyment." Here is what I wrote back with: "I'll tell you candidly, most models like this don't turn me on. (OK, OK, if one tried to seduce me she wouldn't have any problem doing so!) But in terms of my preferences, I like real women. Girls next door. Not media perfect. Hips, as the goddess intended for women to have but are now unfashionable. Lines by her eyes that tell me she has life experience and is not a vacuous vessel waiting to be filled.

You know, women like you."

I have an 18 year old niece who is stunning, yet she is worried about everything having to do with her body. How did she get this way? Brainwashed by the media - often by other women.

As if this whole size zero crap-ola isn't bad enough, there is a long series on Youtube from the BBC about women mutilating their labia because they think them big or ugly. They call it surgery, I call it mutilation.

Signed, Old School

Miriam Guest

I love being a strong woman with muscles, I always think in case of an emergency at least I could carry someone to safety!

One of my workmates who is tiny and absolutely gorgeous said the other day her thighs were too big and she would like a gap between her legs like the models have and I had a go at her, she is a perfect as she is and has she ever seen a model close up, they are revolting, I was walking behind two girls the other day from a modeling agency and I actually felt sick at their thinness, a good steak wouldn’t go astray.

Whenever I see women like Tara I always think what great role models they are, but most of my female friends would say she looks too butch or masculine but think Nicole Richie looks good, what is wrong with them??

musajen is offline Junior Member

From my female perspective, it's very frustrating to see a very subjective thing, attractiveness, forced into a cookie-cutter image that only a small percentage of women can achieve. The rest of us who can't achieve that look are left wanting and thoroughly informed of our failure to achieve the "ideal."

I've always looked up to Linda Hamilton in T2 and love kick-ass women like Jennifer Garner in Alias. They give me something to aspire to but within the limitations of my body. I'm not after the perfect body, I'm after a functional, capable body. In my mind, the way my body looks has little bearing on its capabilities.

I'm always going to have hips and boobs and maybe even love handles. But I'm working towards being able to rock the pushups like Coach Tara and I consider it a much greater achievement for my body to be able to do that than shed its love handles.

And anyone who has the nerve to tell me it's not the greater achievement better be very capable themselves or prepare for a boot up their ass.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Bayou - big hug to you!

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

What's interesting is that men, by and large, are not attracted to the waif look. I'm definitely not, and I think OnTheBayou concurs.

There is nothing quite like a set of hips on a woman.

Who the hell is actually lusting after a woman with a ten year old boy's body? I just don't get it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast