Thread: Newbie -- Anybody else in Monterey Bay area? page

primalpatty is offline Senior Member

Been lurking for a while, getting the lay of the land, so to speak. I've been eating this way for a couple of months, and that earthquake you Californians thought you felt was all the weight dropping off my body. I have lots left, so aftershocks are to be expected!

I moved to the Monterey Bay area after living in Silicon Valley for many years. Up there, you can find kindred souls no matter what you're into. Here, not so much -- population is MUCH lower. So I'm putting the word out -- any Primal people nearby?

And thanks, y'all, for the education I'm receiving, and most especially for the encouragement. You are a kind and loving group, a most refreshing difference from many forums I've read, hence the uncloaking.

hypnotik is offline Junior Member

I'm in Sacramento, but I get out to Monterey about 3 times a month. I like Monterey much better than here; can't really pinpoint why. But the scenery is great! I went to Jack's peak a few weeks ago and it was nice. An easy trail to get Vibram's broken into!

I usually stay in Seaside and walk to the beach to sprint and whatnot.

superwoman2010 Guest

My husband is from there and my mother in law is an artist there, though she recently moved from Monterey to Carmel.

primalpatty is offline Senior Member

Carmel counts! I don't live in Monterey myself, just the local area. Heck, we're almost neighbors!

kam904s is offline Member

I'm up in Mountain View (at least for the next two weeks, then we move back to the midwest). I LOVE Monterey though. :-( I'm sad we can't go back once more before the move.

rikstah is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I live in Spreckels and work in Monterey. I just started the primal blueprint and am on week 2. When I get off from work I stop off at the old Stillwell Hall parking lot and take advantage of the hiking/bike paths there. I walk all the way to Seaside and back.