Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guys, do ketones disable your penis? page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes yes and the LC boogey man will come to your house in the night to steal your children and light all your belongings aflame!

There are MANY MORE factors than simply carbohydrate to consider when your discussing optimal thyroid, body temp, or libido for that matter. So I do agree, please do look around. Cause "statements" are just that. They are not fact.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    at first the ketosis thing was great! full-on inuit mode.

worked great until it didn't. by the end (about 8 months), i had no energy, was losing strength, and got a boner once a week.

my sperm and libido happen to love eggs, seafood, fruit and sweet potatoes. each individual sperm thanks me for consuming them.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyjim View Post
    VLC for more than a few days makes me sad and grumpy. Sad and grumpy in the big head makes the little head sad and grumpy too

Dude, go eat some carbs!
    Jerseyjim, love your avatar: lol'd

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    each individual sperm thanks me for consuming them.

Ummm, I don't believe I'da said that.

Thought the same thing, tmi.
    Aha, not something I'd publically admit.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    It's a bit worrying when people see this as a permanent VLC diet. A lot of the time you see people asking why they having issues on the diet they post their menu's and they basically consist of meat, eggs and some veges/salad/berries, which is basically Atkins induction level ketosis. The side effects of ketogenic diets I thought were pretty well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    It's a bit worrying when people see this as a permanent VLC diet. A lot of the time you see people asking why they having issues on the diet they post their menu's and they basically consist of meat, eggs and some veges/salad/berries, which is basically Atkins induction level ketosis. The side effects of ketogenic diets I thought were pretty well known.
    For some people, it is VLC either from a dogmatic viewpoint of paleo being primal or they get positive results from VLC & try to extend ketosis indefinitely. If that works for them, fine. If it doesn't they will either shift more to a balanced approach or they might bail out. 3rd option, continue soldiering on, white knuckling it.

I personally like to check back into an Atkins type ketosis, for a week or two, maybe twice a year. Sorta like primitive man who had little choice of feast or famine, I like to vary things calorically. Resets my clock. Because I can. And because I don't exercise like when I was 26 or 36. And I have a fridge & a pantry & a Whole Foods 12 minute walk from my front door, & I don't have to work very hard for the calories I buy & consume.

WIChuck is offline Member
    There was an effect during the transition to low carb, but it didn't last.

Now, 10-12 weeks in, everything is back to normal.

...and with a significant weight loss and muscle gain, I've noticed a change in how women react to me. It probably doesn't hurt that I've lost the carb-induced mood swings, as well.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I'm one of the ones who outstayed my ketosis visit. Those that do that usually end up salvaged over at Matt stones blog. It was good at first besides a few issues but got progressively worse.
    I have to laugh every time I hear Jimmy moores quote "Find a plan that works for you and stick to it no matter what". That doesn't always turn out too well for vegans of keto dieters. lol

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Cutting grains was the best thing I ever did, high protein, high fat, lots of veg best way to go. Grains are a killer imho.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast