Thread: Help with Weight Loss page

Encharion is offline Junior Member

Help with Weight Loss

Shop Now
    Hey all,

I've really been having trouble recently. It seems no matter what I do, I can't drop the final 12 pounds.

Here is a run down:

Primal for 2 months, no grains for 5 months.

I do strength training, and some low, aerobic exercise.

Typical day of food:

4 Eggs with 3 strips of bacon. mixed with mushroom, onion and a little cheese

chicken or beef salad

Some kind of meat and veggies

Snacks include a piece of fruit with a little honey.

I haven't strayed from the following menu, yet I have yet to see any change. It's been frustrating. I though my protein shake was keeping me from losing weight, so I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and still no change. I have no idea what to do next, and I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks guys.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i know exactly what you need to do next...get rid of your scale. stop worrying about how much you weigh. you could be building more muscle, retaining water, etc. that can throw off a number like that. you seem to be eating well, exercising; as long as you're keeping up with the primal laws you almost certainly getting healthier. your weight does not tell you how healthy you are.

people will tell you to cut back on the fruit and lose the honey. don't. lose the scale. if you want to measure how you are doing, try taking measurements, getting your body fat tested, taking pictures of yourself or just looking in the mirror and noticing how you feel and how your clothes fit. it's not weight that you're trying to lose, it's fat...so stop measuring your weight.

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Encharion View Post
    Hey all,

I've really been having trouble recently. It seems no matter what I do, I can't drop the final 12 pounds.

Here is a run down:

Primal for 2 months, no grains for 5 months.

I do strength training, and some low, aerobic exercise.

Typical day of food:

4 Eggs with 3 strips of bacon. mixed with mushroom, onion and a little cheese

chicken or beef salad

Some kind of meat and veggies

Snacks include a piece of fruit with a little honey.

I haven't strayed from the following menu, yet I have yet to see any change. It's been frustrating. I though my protein shake was keeping me from losing weight, so I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and still no change. I have no idea what to do next, and I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks guys.
    Here are some suggestions:

- Try intermittent fasting
    - Try carb cycling. Some days eat high carb low fat, other days eat low carb high fat
    - Sprint or do a different kind of exercise from what you're doing
    - Count calories for a couple of days just in case you're accidentally consuming too many
    - Use a tape measure instead of scales

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    I agree with PrimalRob, get rid of the scale, are your workouts intense? are you squating and deadlifting? research complexes and finishers, your diet is fine, and def try fasting, I do leangains, 8 hour eating window usually from 1-9 everyday, if it's not in that window I'm not eating

JenniferO is offline Junior Member
    If you're doing the same thing over and over you have likely stalled. WIth the same meal plan and exercise routine it happens all the time. Change one thing for a couple weeks and see what happens.

If I was following your plan the easiest thing to change would be the cardio. I'd bump it up from low and steady to high intensity for just 12 minutes.

Looks like your calories might be a bit low too. From your post I get the feeling you might not be eating enough.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, ditch the scale. I haven't lost any weight for months and months yet the clothes I wore months ago drape on me. I recently started sprinting once a week. I highly recommend it. Keep up the strength training. I've been doing it for 7 months now and I'm a lot firmer and less jiggly. Progress is very slow.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3