Thread: Eating Too Much...?? page

Shop Now
    So I was reading through the following posting on what people are eating for breakfast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...REAKFAST-today

and I was surprised to see how much food people are eating. I generally have a few eegs with a few pieces of bacon and am extremely full (I am 182lb, 6'0" Male - active). I was really surprised at the sheer volume most people are eating. I could not get down 4 eggs, plus fruit and steak in a single breakfast. On the flip side, I am having to use whey protein shakes to get to 150g of protein in a day. I am logging my diet online and am averaging 50-75g carbs, 80-110g fat , and 125-160g protein. It is very difficult for me to get the amount of protein and fat I need without feeling like I am just stuffing myself to death. I am eating lots of coconut milk, olive oil, nuts, chicken, steak, etc, but maybe my portions are too small (but I am full?). Any thoughts on continuing to eat once you are full, only to hit daily/weekly protein, carbs, and fat targets? It should be noted that I have lost 40+ lbs and am aiming for another 15lbs...

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about numbers and instead just eat when you are hungry. It's pretty normal to have some days where you eat way more than others, and it also depends on your level of exercise and whatnot. Don't stress...it isn't primal.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

I had 4 eggs this morning, but no fruit or steak. I usually ate 3, but decided to have more today for some reason. I don't think that more food than that would have been comfortable for me.

I'll second what TriCiCi said, eat when your hungry until you're full and see how you feel/respond to that for a while. You can always go back to micromanaging (and I don't mean that in a bad way) your intake again later if this approach doesn't work out for you.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Thirding what TriCiCi and DarthFriendly said: Eat when you're hungry, and eat until you're not hungry. Then stop. Some of us eat more because we're hungrier.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Thanks for the advice... My only concern was if I stop eating when I feel full, then I may only get 70-80g of protein a day and was concerned about losing muscle mass or not getting enough protein...

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

Steve: I guess your fat in is a bit to low thou...

I am still lost as to whether you should not eat until your hungary if that means not getting the proper amount of protein or fat? Any thoughts!

animalcule is offline Senior Member

What is the 'proper' amount? If you're feeling good, performing well athletically (I assume you're doing some sort of exercise), and meeting your weight goals, then you are doin it rite.

I think 70-80 g protein is more than enough to maintain your muscles. If you see decreases in stregth while you are eating to your appetite, then you'll know you should ramp up the protein consumption a bit.

Eat when you're hungry... unless you're trying to gain mass.

PrimalCon New York
    That makes a lot of sense... Thanks! I have been eating only when hungry for the past week and feel great. It doesnt appear that my muscles are getting weaker during my workouts, so I guess all is good. The weight loss has slowed to about a pound a week now, so I will continue for a few more weeks and see if muscle stregth decreases.... If so, I guess I will just up the protein a little!