Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Tachikomoo (cave bear emerging from hibernation!) page 2

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    wow Pomaine ! I never......my Dad just loved that man and used to fill our kitchen with smoke whilst drumming up some dish or another on a high heat (apparently recommended by Chef Pomaine according to Dad !) - it was like a train wreck once he finished in the kitchen and my poor Mum used to be so fed up cleaning up after him

- but I remember the food was guuuuud !

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Well what a fun if exhausting weekend, spent almost all of it outdoors in the garden, or indoors cooking primally! Exhausting but amazing, found some really neat recipes in a couple of French cookbooks... if only I were a housewife and could spend all day preparing, oh the feast I could make!

But alas, today was a quick smoothie for breakfast, a bunch of cherries and tomatoes with a BAS and a sliced apple for lunch. Something chicken-y for dinner I think? And then some more outdoor gardening when I get home if I'm not too stiff to move!

Also, lost my first pound of weight after about 3 weeks. I'm only checking out of curiosity, as I feel great, but I used to be hyperthyroid and then they knocked it out and now I'm HYPOthyroid, so trying to lose any amount of weight is like trying to shift a big bag of rocks. I'm reading some things on the forums here about it and elsewhere, upping my intake of iodine (though I eat plenty of sea-salt here in my diet which should help, as well as a decent amount of seaweed) and eating a few brazil nuts each day for the selenium. We'll see how it goes!

hi tachi really great you lost some ....fantabatastik !!

love your description of the those rocks which I so do empathise as I have rocks also - blooming things !! don't know about thyroid but something is hanging onto those rocks - perhaps I also have octopus ??

very much agreed arty! I have a workout scheduled for today (weightlifting, I really enjoy it!) so we will see how many rocks I can shift, hah!

I think I have gotten the hang of this primal category stuff, dinner last night was a fantastic juicy hamburger of grass fed beef, it was enough by itself (it was half a pound like) so I finished it off with a light dessert of strawberries and cream, a British summer classic.

Today I think is smoothie day as I've had a blueberry/raspberry/greek yogurt smoothie for breakfast, and a protein shake for lunch (I was running late but I also know we're having another BBQ tonight... weather permitting!)

I don't know what it is about those smoothies (the full fat yogurt?) but they are incredibly filling! But also kind of high in carbs from the sugars for an all-the-time treat so I shall enjoy today and then take it lighter.

Boy I love barbequeues, I can grill the meat for an entire week's worth of lunches in one night! Pork loin, chicken breasts, burgers... too bad I can't find any sausages that aren't stuffed with crap maybe I'll try making my own sometime!

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    Yes! Sausages are making me so sad! My husband went to the store and read every single package of sausage there and they ALL had corn syrup in them. =( (Hi!!! I just read through your journal, and I love the way you write!)
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Thanks Mshathvri, very kind of you and thanks for stopping by I've really had a hankering for some kielbasa with cabbage and butter. My gran used to cook cabbage and liver, but I was never a fan of liver before, maybe I should give it a go? Suggestions on preparation?

Today I have some lessons in the evening so I have made my breakfast smoothie (no sweetener and still just as tasty, making it that way from now on!) with some fatty fatty greek style yogurt (that's literally all the smoothie is, frozen blueberries/raspberries and yogurt, so filling!). Then I have some cherries for snacking on at work (I'm still trying to get over the snacking thing, very much a boredom eater normally and if I drink water it just makes my tummy feel empty!). Will look through the forums and see if folks have some suggestions for cutting back / stopping snacking. Or maybe swap my snacking choices from fruit to veg? We shall see!

Then for lunch/dinner I've made a home made curry! A nice few semi-fatty cuts of chicken with two whole onions (love onions) and fresh tomatoes with spices and a handful of green beans, swirled in some yogurt at the last to make it creamy. I'm looking forward to it even though its a bit smelly sitting here on my desk at work haha... at least my coworkers are used to my weird food offerings now! I'm going to do an IF tonight (wasn't planned, just made too much curry) so going to eat lunch later than usual and then 1) try not to fall asleep and 2) enjoy a nice food-free evening, keeping myself busy with Japanese lessons and painting the fence some more!

Also a photo of my cat for the cat lovers, this is the youngest of the three, Maya she's a bengal and she comes in every morning for snuggles and cuddles, makes it very hard to get out of bed lol. I love her to bits! Second photo is her trying to wedge her head into the letterbox...

Last edited by tachikomoo; 07-18-2012 at 02:51 AM.

omg Tachi she is just adorable !! I can see why you love her, and they are so funny when they are young and playful ...sooo cute and beautiful eyes thanks for posting !

....and have you trained her to fetch the post...wow (lol!) or is she just trying to rip it up ....

what is keilbasa btw - sounds interesting the only liver I really like is chicken liver pate - DH is suspicious of the regular livers that Tesco sell as he thinks those poor old chickens probably get chemicals and drugs for dinner so I don't make it often and usually end up eating it all myself !

and weight training...well done you ! I do a bit at the gym, wish that more women went into free weights area, is chocoblock with men ( don't exactly make you welcome throwing those big weights around ) maybe its just me I am guessing the rest of the female gym members feel the same as we all seems to end up down in the cool down area where the heaviest weight is only 5kg - ...its a pretty crappy gym and I am hoping to move waiting for a new one to open next couple of months ...

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    I've never made liver before, but I figure that lots of butter and medium heat in a cast iron skillet never hurt anything.
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

aye she's over a year old now but just isn't growing much at all, she eats her food but never very much, maybe she knows more about it than we do? we offer her chicken and pork or bits of egg and she's not bothered, but she'll do backflips for tuna or butter.

Kielbasa is a kind of Polish sausage I think? Not sure what makes it different but its at most grocery stores though I'm yet to find a place that doesn't dose it with crap. I did find some french-style sausages without any added sugar or junk though (what is it about french stuff!!)

I'm really lucky with the gym stuff, my brother-in-law brought his squat rack and olympic weightlifting stuff around to our garage so we just go outside, that has helped a lot as I hate gyms and don't think I would/could go otherwise I reckon it is a good investment though, I'm sure you can get a set on ebay cheap or just do the body weight exercises without having to go out anywhere.

Today was a bit crap though, I'm trying to do a leptin reset (chart shamelessly stolen from MamaGrok) and today I was making poached eggs, but I'd never made them before in these poachpod things we got (hubby always made them previously) so I overboiled and they sunk and were swamped and it was a messy messy disaster and I wasted all the eggs. So even though one of the goals of resetting leptin resistance was to eat within 30 mins of waking, it was more like an hour..... but!

I also turned the last bit of my shower to freezing this morning, in my efforts to do that leptin reset thing, and wow that puts some zing in your day! nice and warm now though

Coworker has a birthday today and I've just seen someone walk in with a cake... aha, a challenger appears!

Defeated the birthday cake, though I wavered at first and said 'oh just a tiny slice' before I stood up at my desk and shouted "NAY!!" (ok not really, but I did go into the kitchen and say no thanks nevermind). Then I went home and had a nice dinner but a stressful evening, the little tiny cat posted above squeezed out under the fence and went on a merry adventure around the neighbourhood ... TWICE! We finally found the hole in the fence though. We keep ours indoors/out in the garden because there's some really mean neighbourhood cats (and a couple dogs) around and I don't want my bebe's getting hurt, especially her as I don't think she'd back down!

But nevermind, all safe and sound, though it kind of led to a binge on strawberries. I told myself they were going to go off (they were half mushy) and they'd be wasted if I didn't eat them, but really I know the excuses by now! So yes, sort of a binge, though it was only about 12? large-ish ones.

Today is going much better, and now I'm portioning into my daily meal a small (and I do mean small!) dish of some frozen berries with a dab of yogurt for a 'dessert' feeling after dinner tonight. Straight after dinner though, so kind of with dinner?

Lunch today left me feeling incredibly satiated, I think it was all the nice fatty fat on the pork loin that I'd put in the slow cooker last night. Mmmm fat.

Tonight I'm making a pork-and-seaweed soup with some carrots, more nice shredded fatty fat pork in a ramen-like broth with some konbu and wakame seaweed. Then I think I'm gonna do some weights as I didn't last night cos of chasing cats around!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast