Thread: IF'ers - what is your absolute favourite fast breaker? page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

IF'ers - what is your absolute favourite fast breaker?

Primal Fuel
    I generally go 16/8, breaking my fast at 1pm at work with my lunch. Personally I get insanely excited by a big juicy orange, it even seems to smell better when peeling it when I'm good and hungry. And of course, bacon and eggs, also hard to beat.

How about you?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Pre-Primal (I used to do religious fasts a few times a year) it was canned peaches. Dunno why.

Now it depends on the type of IF I'm in the midst of. 24-32 hour fasts want to be ended with a tenderloin filet seared in coconut oil (or prime rib seared in its own fat) - medium rare both cases. Nothing with it.

If, however, I'm doing some variation of the 8/16 throughout the week I usually like bitter leafy greens with maybe 2-3 oz protein and a sweet fruit (berries, orange slices, etc) with cucumbers and bell pepper to break my fast.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Liver, onions, eggs and chanterelle mushrooms. But I haven't done a 24 hour fast in a while.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    If I break it in the morning it's usually with bacon, eggs, a bell pepper (not green), maybe some fruit or other veggie. If I break it in the evening it's usually a nice 10oz organic grassfed ribeye, some broccoli, maybe some shrimp, and probably a bell pepper.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    1/2 BBQ chicken, the sweetness the savorness....and then a whole friggen carton of 100% full fat yogurt with strawberries....after heavy squats of course.

Hmm...I just started a fast. Now I'm thinking of how it will end.

When IF'ed before, my fast breaker was always eggs with butter and sometimes bacon. Yum.

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I pretty much IF daily til noon, then a 40 hour fast once a week. For my daily breakfast, it's just a regular lunch, but after my long weekly fast, I try to really plan out something extremely nutritious like kale in grass-fed butter, liver and onions, bone broth, fresh salmon, etc...

My theory is that after a long fast, your body really wants to soak in some high quality nutrients and will readily absorb them.