Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How do you view/deal-with *cheats* page 7

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Not sure how much weight shifting you are talking about, but if it is getting to a yo-yo level you are setting yourself up for problems later on.
    Only a few pounds. It's pretty hard to keep a perfect homeostasis.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Only a few pounds. It's pretty hard to keep a perfect homeostasis.
    I can go up and down a pound or two one day to next, but over the long term I keep an easy weight balance by keeping primal. I would have thought at your age actual fat swings shouldn't be occurring.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Not exactly fat swings, it's just not very practical to maintain a very low bf% year round.

Fair enough that was not how you made it sound in your first post.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I hold my breath when I walk by fast food outlets --- and I cannot walk through a 'food court' in a mall -- makes me want to puke.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

I know in a different thread someone's colleagues complained when he was eating fish, seems much more reasonable to complain when people are eating fast food and ready meals.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    I'm 25, I go out and drink time to time, I love BBQ's, I'm on the same page a - PrimalRob -
    I eat primal everyday, but when I'm craving pizza I'll eat pizza, where the intervention comes in for me is....when did I eat that pizza? A week ago? I'll pass on the nachos guys...and then time goes on, before I realize it it's been 3-4 weeks and maybe I'll get a burger or something. For example I had Mexican last week (slamin burrito and tamal) and my birthday is aug 12th...so I'm going tI eat clean until the 12th....then I will have a sausage biscuit with eggs and cheese, pizza, burgers w/ buns, lots of hot dogs, s'mores, ice cream, chips and dip, and close to 20 beers...then the next morning I will fast till 1-2 and go for a walk and eat a big ass salad...and grok on after that

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I guess my questions is "Why?" Why do primal and then go on these binges? Are you eating primal to regulate your weight or do you believe in eating clean? What's the deal?
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I guess my questions is "Why?" Why do primal and then go on these binges? Are you eating primal to regulate your weight or do you believe in eating clean? What's the deal?
    +1

80/20 is not about binges but doing the best you can and sweating a night out with friends - don't plan to cheat but if life throws a curve ball deal with it.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    I'm 25, I go out and drink time to time, I love BBQ's, I'm on the same page a - PrimalRob -
    I eat primal everyday, but when I'm craving pizza I'll eat pizza, where the intervention comes in for me is....when did I eat that pizza? A week ago? I'll pass on the nachos guys...and then time goes on, before I realize it it's been 3-4 weeks and maybe I'll get a burger or something. For example I had Mexican last week (slamin burrito and tamal) and my birthday is aug 12th...so I'm going tI eat clean until the 12th....then I will have a sausage biscuit with eggs and cheese, pizza, burgers w/ buns, lots of hot dogs, s'mores, ice cream, chips and dip, and close to 20 beers...then the next morning I will fast till 1-2 and go for a walk and eat a big ass salad...and grok on after that
    That's pretty much what my partner & I did for our birthday week last week. I actually was looking forward to re-grokking by the end of the week....
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast