Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you view/deal-with *cheats* page 6

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I don't know how long you've been primal, but I'm 7 months in and subway's smell still makes me drool
    About the same....I started in October but even before I read the book and went primal I was cutting out wheat, grains and processed foods on my own. My body had started to recognize them for the stodge they were so I started to cut down. For example pre-primal I was down to a bowl of ancient grains cereal and a small 1/4 cup of rice or pasta in the evening so the jump was a small one.

I think age and experience can have a lot to do with it too. I cook a lot and had the opportunity to have access to fresh fish, venison and more. In addition travelling through France introduced me to some amazing foods (including some wallet busting splurges at Michelin starred restaurants.

The more you eat healthy whole foods the more you want to eat healthy whole foods.....lol.

PS one of my favs - Sat Bains
    http://www.restaurantsatbains.com/menus.php

Extreme but I would happily give up a year of subway to eat there.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how long you've been primal, but I'm 7 months in and subway's smell still makes me drool
    Really? I think those places smell AWFUL. I don't even like walking past them.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

I eat their salads, but I smell like bread all day. It's very annoying.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    About the same....I started in October but even before I read the book and went primal I was cutting out wheat, grains and processed foods on my own. My body had started to recognize them for the stodge they were so I started to cut down. For example pre-primal I was down to a bowl of ancient grains cereal and a small 1/4 cup of rice or pasta in the evening so the jump was a small one.

I think age and experience can have a lot to do with it too. I cook a lot and had the opportunity to have access to fresh fish, venison and more. In addition travelling through France introduced me to some amazing foods (including some wallet busting splurges at Michelin starred restaurants.

The more you eat healthy whole foods the more you want to eat healthy whole foods.....lol.

PS one of my favs - Sat Bains
    Sat Bains - Restaurant with rooms - Menus - Nottingham

Extreme but I would happily give up a year of subway to eat there.
    Yeah that restaurant is obviously much better than subway. Subway is crap, maybe that's the fact I like the smell so much. I don't like their food though, just the smell
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    We have a place here called Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches. They aren't really gourmet, but they offer anything in a lettuce wrap version, just say something like "the number two as a lettuce wrap". They also have gluten-free cross-contamination procedures in place, if you say you need g/f procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    We have a place here called Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches. They aren't really gourmet, but they offer anything in a lettuce wrap version, just say something like "the number two as a lettuce wrap". They also have gluten-free cross-contamination procedures in place, if you say you need g/f procedures.
    +1 on Jimmy John's
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I have found the longer I go Primal the more the smell of some restaurants, fast foods, and packaged lunches makes my stomach want to hurl...makes it much easier to keep eating real foods.
    This. Even my favorite pizza joint and chinese buffets smell like "not food".

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Really? I think those places smell AWFUL. I don't even like walking past them.
    +1
    Sandwich shops and pizza places smell like dirty feet to me. LOL

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CleoCat View Post
    +1
    Sandwich shops and pizza places smell like dirty feet to me. LOL
    I just think that "meatball" smell at Subway smells like puke. And I used to love those meatball subs back in the day. Yech.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    This is a thoughtful analysis. From my perspective, 'indulgences' need not be 'food related'. In other words, my rewards for losing a few pounds, or staying the course, or losing a few inches my involve a new hair cut/colour, the purchase of a new suit or pair of pants, lingerie -- something that makes me feel sexy and successful in the pursuit of my goals.

It seems contra to my belief system to "reward" a 2 lbs loss with a bucket of ice cream --- it's almost self-destructive in nature.

Anyway, there's my analysis --- indulgences, rewards and treats are not 'food related'.

/louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast