Thread: Nightly heart palpatations and worry...looking for input page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Nightly heart palpatations and worry...looking for input

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, everyone. I'm on Day 16 and feeling great on strict Primal. It's occurred to me that I no longer have a racing heart (heart palpatations), and feelings of extreme worry during the night. I am 48 and very healthy but often worried why my heart would race and behave erratically.

Since going primal, the symptoms have stopped -- completely. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar feelings/results?

Thanks,
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    I've been primal for over a year and have noticed my heart irregularities have almost disappeared, but not completely. Caffeine still has an effect on that and I do still drink coffee once or twice a week so that may have something to do with it. I have not, however, had one panic attack since going primal, which is a big deal. Used to get them ALL THE TIME. Now, never!
    Last edited by lotusberries; 07-11-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, my chest pains disappear when I am eating primally. They do come back if I fall off the wagon for too long. Ditto for my anxiety. I don't know what the exact cause was, but now that I know how to stop it (even if I sometimes find it hard to break my bad habits) I don't care too much.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    diet change and a multivitamin made my PVCs unnoticeable

(excess caffeine and days of no sleep bring em right back with a vengeance tho)
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Hi, everyone. I'm on Day 16 and feeling great on strict Primal. It's occurred to me that I no longer have a racing heart (heart palpatations), and feelings of extreme worry during the night. I am 48 and very healthy but often worried why my heart would race and behave erratically.

Since going primal, the symptoms have stopped -- completely. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar feelings/results?

Thanks,
    Yes. I started to have palpitations while I was vegan. I switched to primal, and they stopped immediately.

That said, they came back like crazy when I was pregnant. :P Which probably isn't a problem for you at 48. Heh.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Onalark: Thanks for your thoughts. I have 4 -- my last two were twins (now 21 years old)...... My heart palpatations are now generally caused by my 'young adults' --- gray hair and heart palpatations --- not sure if Primal can help me!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Yes. I started to have palpitations while I was vegan. I switched to primal, and they stopped immediately.

That said, they came back like crazy when I was pregnant. :P Which probably isn't a problem for you at 48. Heh.
    I know lots of women in their late forties who would love to be pregnant. Never assume.

But onto the real subject my heart palpitations go away when i remember to take my iron supplement so it makes sense going paleo would stop them. My TCM provider says heart palpitations are a classic sign of low iron in women.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    I know lots of women in their late forties who would love to be pregnant. Never assume.
    There's a reason there was a "probably" in that statement.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    One of the reasons I went primal was because I was having frequent scary heart palpitations, it would beat really fast then skip around and bit and sometimes feel like it just stopped for a few seconds....been primal for 5 months and I haven't had a single palpitation in I'd say the last 4.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside