Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: husband cured his fatigue by reducing meat...what?! page 3

vb66 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Wow, I think you just blew my mind. How do you ferment pork???

(I bet it's something ridiculously simple like letting it soak in brine...)
    I was about to ask the exact same thing. I had to read her post a few times to make sure I read it right.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I think you just blew my mind. How do you ferment pork???

(I bet it's something ridiculously simple like letting it soak in brine...)
    Most cured meats are fermented. Salami and the like usually have 'lactic acid starter culture' in the ingredients. That's why the traditional cured meats are hung and left at room temp.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    Most cured meats are fermented. Salami and the like usually have 'lactic acid starter culture' in the ingredients. That's why the traditional cured meats are hung and left at room temp.
    Yep - this is what they say. Bacon and other cured meats don't cause the blood stickiness. Also, pork that is soaked in a some apple cider vinegar (I think it was for 2 hours) was also okay. I haven't tried adding back any pork yet - cured or uncured, so I can't say for sure.

Keep in mind, I have NO idea what this blood stickiness thing really means and it was only tested on a couple of people. On the other hand, the WAP foundation has taken a LOT of heat for not recommending pork but they are sticking by their guns so they must feel that it is not great for health. Either way, I'm always willing to try just about anything
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Yep - this is what they say. Bacon and other cured meats don't cause the blood stickiness. Also, pork that is soaked in a some apple cider vinegar (I think it was for 2 hours) was also okay. I haven't tried adding back any pork yet - cured or uncured, so I can't say for sure.

Keep in mind, I have NO idea what this blood stickiness thing really means and it was only tested on a couple of people. On the other hand, the WAP foundation has taken a LOT of heat for not recommending pork but they are sticking by their guns so they must feel that it is not great for health. Either way, I'm always willing to try just about anything

I have an itty bitty bit of psoriasis left on my elbows. I noticed this week that when I eat pork, My patches are red, and I feel a little bit of achiness of the skin on my knees. I'm making a bone broth out of some pork ribs, but I added apple cider vinegar to it. That should be okay, right?
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I have an itty bitty bit of psoriasis left on my elbows. I noticed this week that when I eat pork, My patches are red, and I feel a little bit of achiness of the skin on my knees. I'm making a bone broth out of some pork ribs, but I added apple cider vinegar to it. That should be okay, right?
    Interesting, my husband has psoriatic arthritis, and his psoriasis is minimal but still always lurking around in a small form. I wonder if it could be related to pork - it's his favorite meat, he consumes it a lot. i think with all the anti-pork talk, I'll ask him if he'll take a no-pork elimination challenge to see if anything changes.

Thanks, Jammies, for that Weston Price info - I'll see what I can find on the WAPF website about pork. I never really thought of that as being a potential problem before.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting, my husband has psoriatic arthritis, and his psoriasis is minimal but still always lurking around in a small form. I wonder if it could be related to pork - it's his favorite meat, he consumes it a lot. i think with all the anti-pork talk, I'll ask him if he'll take a no-pork elimination challenge to see if anything changes.

Thanks, Jammies, for that Weston Price info - I'll see what I can find on the WAPF website about pork. I never really thought of that as being a potential problem before.
    Something that might help too is water kefir. Mine got MUCH better when I started drinking 4 cups a day.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123