Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo diet is uncivilised page

Grokiod is offline Junior Member

Angry Paleo diet is uncivilised

Primal Fuel
    Forks Over Knives | The Paleo Diet Is Uncivilized (And Unhealthy and Untrue)

This article makes me want to punch someone it seems like they sa paleo proponents misuse studies then in e next paragraph they do just that.

The bit about eating organ meat being gross made me laugh

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Why would an article get you so upset that you'd want to assault someone?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Already posted a few times and easily debunked.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, who really cares?

Our results speak for themselves, vegans that are "skinny-fat" with terrible cholesterol/trig #'s versus those of us with great muscle tone (or developing it!) and bloodwork that most doctors drool over.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Yawn
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    Yeah, who really cares?

Our results speak for themselves, vegans that are "skinny-fat" with terrible cholesterol/trig #'s versus those of us with great muscle tone (or developing it!) and bloodwork that most doctors drool over.
    lol, there are multiple threads every week about how people's doctors want them to go on statins after doing primal for a while. Most people's cholesterol numbers while doing primal aren't all that great. Also, not all vegas are skinny fat and not all primal folks have great muscle tone. You are generalizing quite a bit.

The article posted is so one sided and stupid though.

lol, this quote is awesome:

...eating large amounts of animal-derived foods (which are no-carbohydrate, and high-protein and/or high-fat foods)

I LOVE how they say that meat has no carbs and is high in protein and/or fat as if protein and fat are bad for you. It is no stupider than saying carbs are bad for you, but it is REALLY stupid none the less.

Kariberry is offline Member
    "In addition to the usual beef, veal, pork, chicken, and fish, a Paleo follower is required to eat; alligator, bear, kangaroo, deer, rattlesnake, and wild boar are also on the menu."

What? REQUIRED? uh, no... I don't think so.

Also, very poor sentence structure.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Why would an article get you so upset that you'd want to assault someone?
    I agree....I recommend assaulting for the sheer joy of the process rather than for any specific reason.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    lol, there are multiple threads every week about how people's doctors want them to go on statins after doing primal for a while. Most people's cholesterol numbers while doing primal aren't all that great. Also, not all vegas are skinny fat and not all primal folks have great muscle tone. You are generalizing quite a bit.
    Most people's total cholesterol increases at the expense of HDL's. LDL may or may not go down, put typically it will migrate from Pattern B to Pattern A, as it should. If doctors knew how to read a cholesterol test they'd understand that, but most don't. CRP is more telling, and Primal drastically lowers CRP. Of course, very few doctors test for that. You have to be better informed than your doctor, and thankfully that's not that hard since most doctors are astoundingly ignorant.

I suggest watching Love and Other Drugs. Not only is it a good movie, but it shows great insight into how doctors operate and why they prescribe what they do.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

johnbu1981 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "The Paleo Diet consists mainly of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, and eggs; non-starchy orange, green, and yellow vegetables; and fruits and nuts. This approach forbids starches, including all grains, legumes, and potatoes."

Okay so now we are limited to only orange green and yellow veggies...I like eggplant, I guess I can't eat it anymore.

It also appears I can no longer eat starch...bye bye yuca, yams, and potatoes.

Idiots...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast