Thread: can't sleep after drinking.. page

JTI2187 is offline Junior Member

can't sleep after drinking..

Primal Fuel
    I am a pretty moderate drinker for health reasons (once a week at most). But I do like to occasionally indulge and have a few from time to time. The problem is when I get intoxicated, I sleep 2-4 hours and then I wake up abruptly with a hangover and cannot for the life of me get back to sleep. It is awful because I feel terrible the entire next day. A hangover on top of inadequate sleep is no fun. I have always been a pretty light sleeper, but this was never a problem for me in the past. I started drinking when I was 18 and I am now 25, I would say this has been going on for about a year now. I usually stick to low-carb light beer and scotch and water. Any suggestions?

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    This is very common, alcohol will put you to sleep but not for long. Best suggestion I can make is to stay hydrated. Drink water while you are drinking and also before sleeping. You may wake up but hopefully you won't feel as bad. You may want to consider quitting or at least cutting back, because while 1 or 2 drinks may have health benefits "getting intoxicated" has health risks. This comes from an old former drinker.

Tercio

JTI2187 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I've considered going celibate.