Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need more sources of fat. What are some suggestions. page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

I need more sources of fat. What are some suggestions.

Shop Now
    My daily fat intake is usually a fatty cut of meat, 8-10 eggs, an ounce of nuts or nut butter, and with my veggies a few tablespoons of homemade mayo made with coconut or olive oil made into a dressing.

But i need some more stuff. I can't do butter daily and ive been contemplated just grabbing a bag of pork rinds but obviously thats not ideal.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Cheese and heavy cream if you do some dairy. Homemade sour cream (or a variety of "yogurt" made with half and half). Cream cheese...may or may not be primal I suppose. Sorry to just throw out dairy sources, but thats what comes to mind if you already do coconu oil and coconut cream (the kind in the can) for smoothies and such. You could ditch the egg whites and eat a bunch of yolks too.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    coconut oil and avocados.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I cook all my foods with added fat. My favourite is bacon fat. I cook the bacon, put the fat in the fridge and use it to fry pretty much anything. If it would taste weird with this bacon or an animal fat, try coconut oil. If you can tolerate dairy, use cream. For a veggie source, avocado's.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Bulletproof coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Cheese and heavy cream if you do some dairy. Homemade sour cream (or a variety of "yogurt" made with half and half). Cream cheese...may or may not be primal I suppose. Sorry to just throw out dairy sources, but thats what comes to mind if you already do coconu oil and coconut cream (the kind in the can) for smoothies and such. You could ditch the egg whites and eat a bunch of yolks too.
    Yeah dairy and me dont agree on a daily basis. I eat a tub or 2 of fage every few days as i seem to do better with it than butter. and use butter occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    coconut oil and avocados.
    I use coconut oil often but avocados give my terrible gas and bloating similar to dairy effects on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    I cook all my foods with added fat. My favourite is bacon fat. I cook the bacon, put the fat in the fridge and use it to fry pretty much anything. If it would taste weird with this bacon or an animal fat, try coconut oil. If you can tolerate dairy, use cream. For a veggie source, avocado's.
    I use bacon fat for cooking but im really kind of looking for a food source that i can add to my meals that isnt liquid that would add a substantial bulk to my meals.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Eating oily fish such as salmon and mackerel, using oils in dressings on veg and salads, fish oil supplements, taking cod liver oil, cod liver oil and malt or cod liver oil capsules, nuts, nut oils, lard, dripping, duck fat, goose fat, tallow.. and trying lactose free milks and cheeses.
    Last edited by Artichoke; 07-10-2012 at 11:29 AM.

while looking into lactose free cheese i found some lactose free ice cream with surprisingly few ingredients. Didnt know there was a such a thing

Milk, Sugar, Cream, Natural Flavor, Natural Carob Bean Gum, Lactose Enzyme.

maybe ill just eat some of this.

but seriously i cant seem to find any lactose free cheese that doesnt have a host of other shit added to it as i am in the store right now. Im just gonna get some coconut milk and throw it in the fridge and eat the cream when it soldifies. throw that on my salad like its sour cream or something.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Pork belly is the fattiest meat you can eat!

Jorjor is offline Member
    Avocados! I sprinkle a little salt on them and just devour the whole thing And canned salmon and sardines are great too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast