Thread: I feel really weird... page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

I feel really weird...

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

Since last Thursday I really cut my carb intake cos' I went on the Candida diet. The problem is that I have digestive problems at the moment, so there's not many veggies I can eat. Fruit and starchy veggies are a no no. I don't really know how to count carbs, but I reckon I'm only consuming 20g a day. I think I've entered the legendary "fat burning mode".

My energy started going downhill, which I expected since I'm not consuming carbs, but I just eased off on my activities and tried to rest more. My appetite started shrinking immediately - and then yesterday I had lunch (actually with a tiny bit of rice - sushi), and after that I felt no hunger for the rest of the day. I pretty much fasted for 22 hours (totally unintentionally), and I forced myself to eat at 1.30 today. But then - I got hungry!

I had a large piece of haddock, two slices of bacon, lots of herbs and lemon, and an avo. And I suddenly felt terrible I had to lie down. I lay there for half an hour with huge food cravings, so I got up an ate 350g of goats milk probiotic yogurt. This made me feel better briefly, but I was still craving food, so an hour later I went and had two pieces of bacon and two eggs fried in coconut oil, with half a courgette, five brazil nuts, and a couple of spoons of coconut oil. Finally I felt satiated. What's going on? How can I go from no appetite / forcing myself to eat, to needing to eat so much? Now I have no energy, brain fog, and a lump in my throat. I've felt quite weird over the last few days, but this is the worst yet. I was meant to go out to meet friends but I had to cancel.

I read both Mark's posts about becoming a fat burner, so most of these feelings make sense, but is there anything I can do to help myself through? Please don't tell me to eat more carbs.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-10-2012 at 10:30 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Some consistency would help. If you are going to go low-carb, you need to try and tough it out. If you want to ease into it, keep your carbs to one meal a day (I prefer having them at dinner), in the form of something simple like white rice or potatoes. Then reduce. Your hunger signals will change when you mess with macronutrient amounts because your body is still seeking sugar as an energy source, and the only way to get through that is just time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice Name

Feeling like crap but sticking it out.