Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Average daily menu and routine paleo/Primal, Am i doing anything wrong? page

sammiejay is offline Junior Member

Average daily menu and routine paleo/Primal, Am i doing anything wrong?

Hi everyone, still a newbie to this sight and wanted your advice on what im eating, I have lost much weight (if any) since being on the diet and wanted to know if my food intake was wrong. I am 21 5'6 and weight around 10stone.. I am training 5-6 days a week which i know has to be taken into consideration because of the muscle gaining... Help would be much appreciated

6.15am black coffee 10 minutes before training (a mixture of cardio and weight)

8am take my vitamins and either have a protein shake and bannana or porridge with seeds and cinnamon (i know porridge isnt the best however i do stick to having it in the mornings)

snack - few almonds

Lunch - Salad with various different meats and often avocados e.g chicken, ham, prawns

Snack straight after lunch i usually have a handful of berries just to take away my sweet tooth

Dinner - Fish and veg, chicken and veg, ham omelette with veg, bolognese with 50g spaghetti etc etc....

Just want to make sure i am not doing anything wrong

Thanks xx

mati4004 is offline Junior Member
    spaghetti... kick off.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    spaghetti and porridge? Have you read the book?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    spaghetti and porridge? Have you read the book?

I am wondering this as well.

Spaghetti and porridge (provided it is grain based porridge) is not in the strict paleo/primal world. If you want to see more weight loss then you might want to consider dropping these food articles. Also, if you want to be strict paleo/primal then just ditch it even if you do not want to see weight loss.

However, if you feel good about yourself with balanced energy throughout the day: do not sweat the porridge/spaghetti. Your diet is clean provided that you have no allergies to the food/s. Paleo/primal is about feeling good about yourself, pick and choose to your liking. Just because some book says something, sayings which are changed through some later blog posts, it might not fit to you.

Just enjoy life.

Oh dear i knew the spaghetti and porridge would smack me in the face, i know im not being completely strict with it and the spaghetti is literally once every few weeks and the porridge is maybe every few days having a protein shake and eggs on the other days, but i didnt think it was that bad considering i train first thing in the morning and i do train every day, ive been told if i am going to consume carbs to have it early in the day which is why i sometimes have porridge (and also mix it with seeds to balance out with protein)

im guessing i should 'screw' the porridge and have spaghetti once in a blue moon then if im craving carbs?

thanks for the advice guys
    x

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Why eat spaghetti if you are craving carbs? so many good sources of primal carbs out there. I now some primal marathoners who have added rice only because they need the shear volume of calories but short of that you should be fine without grains.

If you want to eat wheat and other grains please do so but you are not really eating primal/paleo if you are.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

The only reason i would have spaghetti is because it goes with the bolonese and like i said it is a once in a blue moon occurance and i have around 30-50grams only, i understand what your all saying and dont eat it regularly, do you recommend an alternative to eat with bolognese??

Every other meal i eat has nothing but meat/fish/veg/salad im guessing the rest of my menu was okay then?

June68 is offline Senior Member
    have your bolognese over spaghetti squash. It rocks!
    or over shredded zucchini or summer squash. Really any squash will do.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sammiejay View Post
    Oh dear i knew the spaghetti and porridge would smack me in the face, i know im not being completely strict with it and the spaghetti is literally once every few weeks and the porridge is maybe every few days ...im guessing i should 'screw' the porridge and have spaghetti once in a blue moon then if im craving carbs?
    And yet the thread is titled Average daily menu... and asks if there's any problem. Are you just a masochist?

Hi, I'm all Primal and stuff, but I also eat crackers and rice cakes and pasta and pizza and French toast... am I bad little monkey?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast