Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Average daily menu and routine paleo/Primal, Am i doing anything wrong? page 2

sammiejay is offline Junior Member
    Ouch, newbie to the sight, looking for abit of help and guidance but feel like im just getting a row of a school teacher.... I'm not as strict as alot of members on this sight however i am the first to admit that, i also dont think eating 50grams of spaghetti with bolognese will make me suddenly explode...

Thanks 'June68' i will try that, sounds yummy

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammiejay View Post
    Ouch, newbie to the sight, looking for abit of help and guidance but feel like im just getting a row of a school teacher.... I'm not as strict as alot of members on this sight however i am the first to admit that, i also dont think eating 50grams of spaghetti with bolognese will make me suddenly explode...

Thanks 'June68' i will try that, sounds yummy
    Actually the response from the site members was pretty tame on the whole.
    If you are going to advertise and post your average daily meal as a primal/paleo mean when it isn't people are going to respond with the obvious, and say "ditch the wheat and oats". Especially if you are trying to loose weight which you seemed to indicate you are.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

It isn't that eating a little spaghetti is going to make explode....it is that spaghetti is made from wheat and wheat is not good. Read the Primal Blueprint and/or Wheat Belly. Then you will understand the reason for no grains.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Here's the deal: this is not a religion. Most of us do not have 100% adherence. However, you are in the early stages of this diet. I strongly recommend in the beginning you adhere to the Primal Blueprint as closely as possible. If you are just beginning to come off the SAD, your body internally is probably not in great shape and is considerably inflamed. This is where being strict really counts, and where your resolve to be very strict will probably be at its highest. When I first started the PB, I was very strict.

A year from now after strict adherence, you can probably afford to have a few "cheats" here and there (I don't condone this but I'm being realistic). A healthy, Primal body with low inflammation and a nice body composition will better absorb an off meal now and again. I've been doing this for about a year and a half and maybe once or twice a month I have an "f-it" meal with some friends and feel no negative effects from it (I still avoid wheat and soy because I have zero desire to eat them, but some ice cream, cheesecake, gluten free brownies I make, organic rice pasta from Trader Joe's, etc). However, I'm lean, very active and have no food sensitivities, so YMMV.

If you want to TRULY see the effects, do a Whole 30.

The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

You will see what I'm talking about if you truly adhere to 30 perfect days.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 07-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sammiejay is offline Junior Member
    Thankyou! That really helps chocotaco369, Appreciate your time to message that

I think ive been seeing it in reverse, breaking myself in slowly to paleo/primal instead of being strict and then maybe have cheats,
    Does anyone have their daily routine/foods they could possibly share?
    I understand what everyone is saying is correct however i was aware of that, i just wanted advice not a lecture and to be made feeling stupid

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well I'm not the kind of person who needs a strict routine, recipe or set of rules/dos and don'ts. Here's a question - have you at least read The Primal Blueprint? If not, that's a good place to start. I basically live loosely based on it.

I get to bed around 9 and am usually through reading by 10 and heading towards sleep.

I wake up between 5 and 7 and get up.

Coffee (1 stevia packet, dollop of raw heavy cream)

On days where I do weight training, high intensity interval training, sprints or walk, I do that.

Breakfast is usually a combo of bacon/eggs/sausage/juice. Occasionally I'll add raw goat's milk yogurt and berries.

Do my thing until I'm hungry. Lunch is either leftovers from dinner or a salad with some protein on it. Some days I'm not really hungry and I skip lunch. In winter with less local produce available, I think leftovers will play a larger role as will slow-cooked stews, roasts and soups.

I try not to snack. If I do it's usually a hard boiled egg or some cheese.

Dinner involves meat and 2-3 kinds of vegetables, some raw, some cooked. Sometimes we have wine, sometimes we don't. On weekends I often enjoy vodka martinis and bourbon.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

A lot of people have difficulties due to obnoxious co-workers, family, spouses or friends and an insufficient vertebral column. I thankfully suffer from none of these. When at a social function, I either choose from the available food carefully and/or bring my own. A lot of people have had difficulty resisting cravings. I haven't had any cravings outside a dire need for a PB&J one day, but I ignored it and it went away. I think there's still some beer in the house and a few other non-primal things, but most of it is gone and thus a lot of the easy temptation. We just don't buy anything non-primal anymore, so it's not too hard to subvert this kind of behavior.

Anyway...that's it. Don't over-complicate it. Don't sweat it if you screw up. Just make the correction and carry on. Oh and Mark's two cookbooks are great resources. We've made many of the recipes and they're great. Makes shopping easy, too.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12