Thread: Forks Over Knives article from 7/9/12 page

Soitcame is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Forks Over Knives article from 7/9/12

Primal Fuel
    Hello all,

This is my first post and it was prompted by an article linked to on Facebook. The article can be found here:

Forks Over Knives | The Paleo Diet Is Uncivilized (And Unhealthy and Untrue)

The article's content can be best explained by the title, "The Paleo Diet Is Uncivilized (And Unhealthy and Untrue)".

Has anyone else seen this article, or would anyone care to comment on the absurd amount of misinformation contained within? I personally find the article to be insulting, not because of my association with MDA, but because of the absolute lack of truth it contains.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Jake

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Vegans have smaller brains due to low fat intake...your best best would be to say a little prayer for them and move on.

troll.jpg
    Last edited by Moochy; 07-10-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

That is a very good point! I just feel like that is the type of article that someone would read and take as fact, without trying to find the other side, thus limiting themselves to something they really don't fully understand!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soitcame View Post
    That is a very good point! I just feel like that is the type of article that someone would read and take as fact, without trying to find the other side, thus limiting themselves to something they really don't fully understand!
    While that's frustrating, it also encapsulates much of the internet.

So true. I find it hard to fathom the way that people just accept things without trying to gain as much knowledge as possible, especially with the wealth of good information that can be gleaned from reputable resources on the web.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    There was already a link to this article, it shows little to no understanding of primal eating I am afraid.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

icz
    icz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    Vegans have smaller brains due to low fat intake...your best best would be to say a little prayer for them and move on.

troll.jpg
    Snort!

I couldn't sit through the movie. I have a low tolerance for propaganda.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icz View Post
    Snort!

I couldn't sit through the movie. I have a low tolerance for propaganda.
    Ha, I couldn't read the book for the same reason. Naturally, I ignored the film.

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    Oh, where to start.....

PrimalCon New York
    Another problem is that people tend to only read the beginning of articles now-days, due to a lowered attention span..probably caused by their SAD. This article take full advantage of that fact, as the opening paragraph includes such gems as,

"Low-carbohydrate (low-carb) diets are fueling the destruction of human health and our planet Earth.",
    "Low-carbohydrate” means a diet high in animal foods and low in plant foods.",
    and,
    "People become too sick to eat too much.

Just wow...