Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat page 3

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    Wow. I haven't been on this forum in months and imagine my surprise... the first thread I read at that! I can't believe you're still trolling around these parts. How very, very sad. Move on.
    Oh you!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I know I'm getting old, and short term memory and all, but didn't we just do this?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I never once said your studies were flawed. I really wish you would stop stooping to lying about things.

I agree all your studies show that whole grains are better than refined grains. What I disagree with is that makes them good. Replacing a poison with a lessor poison does not make it healthy.

I in your grain thread there were plenty of post showing how bad grains were not big studies but they are there.

You still have not posted one study that shows that eating tasteless, nutritionally deficient grains is better than avoiding them.
    No jim? You still going to try and maintain your pathetic lies?
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat wheat, but if you feel good and are heatlhy, I see no problem with it.

The French and Italians eat plenty of wheat and are fine. Just eat it around a whole food diet with lots of healthy meats, fruits, and vegetables.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    I don't eat wheat, but if you feel good and are heatlhy, I see no problem with it.

The French and Italians eat plenty of wheat and are fine. Just eat it around a whole food diet with lots of healthy meats, fruits, and vegetables.
    Actually they don't and when they do it is full of fat.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    The latter. You created a problem where there wasn't one in the first place. Stop eating meat for a few months and eat a steak...you will probably feel sick too. That doesn't mean that you have a problem digesting steak.

Bullshit
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

jammies is offline Senior Member
    To the OP - keep in mind that there is not very much modern data supporting this way of eating. We can piece together bits and parts of studies, but the simple fact is that science is very slow and is quite political. So the people here and by and large tried what the experts have told them and found it less than ideal. We then go on to try things that are out in front of the current science.

Slowly but surely science follows behind these things. You are seeing a bit of a change on the hard core low fat recommendations of the 90's. It's still a high grain world, but lower sugar is making headway as well.

The people here aren't willing to wait for the studies proving this way is better. Mostly we try things on our bodies and go with what works.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I know I'm getting old, and short term memory and all, but didn't we just do this?
    Nah, it's been at least two days since we had a good long jimhenson wheat thread!
    My rolleyes icon is geting tired.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Don't know if there's any significant difference but I ate white pasta not whole wheat pasta, but anyway I had a terrible night - excessive flatulence, stomach ache, palpitations and some sort of stinging all over my body - with all these studies that support and reject the consumption of wheat seems the best one can do is listen to the body and test through trial and error, and completely avoid if benefits arise from these - I mean for 20 years I too ate wheat as a staple and did fine by it and I believe it'll be impossible to avoid food with wheat/gluten for the next 70 years so I might keep on experimenting.
    Last edited by Darz; 07-11-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    There's context and 'shades of grey'. Not all foods can be lumped into a "poison" or "essential superfood" category. Wheat, seafood, eggs, nuts, milk etc all have their benefits yet can also be potentially problematic for a small percentage. Are all these foods necessary? No. Can their nutrients be obtained elsewhere? Sure. Can you find evidence of their health benefits? yes. Are they're health benefits overrated by some? Can you find evidence they can be problematic for some? yes.
    Can you find healthy populations that thrive consuming a lot of these foods? Sure. Some of the most healthy and disease free cultures weston price studied consumed large amounts of foods people put into the "poison" category. So I think the only way you can know what works for YOU is through experimentation. If you eliminated every food that Macdougall, cordain, Campbell, davis, CW etc told you was bad you wouldn't have any food options left at all.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast