Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Wheat page 14

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I am trying to find some resolution in these wheat discussions that seem to go nowhere.

You say refined flower is nutritionally void and is obviusly bad food from your previous statement.
    That kills off over 90% (maybe 95%+) of wheat based foods, as even most of the so called "wholegrain" products only contain the essence of whole grain.

Now you can't go on about how it's not that bad, then not have a place for it in the ideal diet structure.
    The USDA has a food Pyramid that basically says 60% calories from wheat is healthy.
    The Paleo/Primal food Pyramid basically says less than 1% (social) calories is acceptable consumption of wheat.

There is always going to be exceptions with food allergies etc., but for the general population, including yourself.
    Mind you, your abscence of wheat consumption doesn't support the cause either,
    Yes you may find a Vegan who will argue in support of a Paleo lifestyle, but the argument loses impetus if there is no personal commitment.

You have got to be able to put it somewhere in there and in what form,
    Is only whole grain, heirloom varieties, low gluten, organically grown wheat acceptable as a food product and what % calories should it contribute to a healthy diet?

Without a firm commitment your argument is baseless,
    i.e. Wheat is safe to eat as food, but I can't tell you how much is safe to eat.
    +1

Plus

Comparison with ancestral diets suggests dense acellular carbohydrates
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

NZpilot1 is offline Junior Member
    This is what I have done regarding wheat, my wifes sister has cancer , she also diabetes's. The doctor suggetsed that she reads the book :Wheat Belly: Anyway I decidded to read it and see what it was about. I work in Papau New Guinea for an Oil Company flying Helicopters.On the way into work at the end of March I had to go and have a CAA medical in Cairns. I weighed in at 218 LBS and have been around that weight for several years. I walk every day, two to three miles and have been trying to lose weight for years. Anyway I never had any bread , Grains for a month. I live in the USA so when I went on break 28 days later I had to do an FAA medical and I weighed in at 205 LBS. Its now the middle of July and still havent had any breads or Grains and today I just weighed myself and am down to 195 LBS and feel great and am not so bloated . I jsut stumbled onto this website and am looking forward to giving this a try.
    Last edited by NZpilot1; 07-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZpilot1 View Post
    Its now the middle of July and still havent had any breads or Grains and today I just weighed myself and am down to 195 LBS and feel great and am not so bloated . I jsut stumbled onto this website and am looking forward to giving this a try.
    Completely agree! Not sure if you have tried yet but cut out the dairy too and you'll feel even better! The last 4 weeks of no bread and/or dairy have been life changing. I have no urge to ever go back based on how I feel.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZpilot1 View Post
    This is what I have done regarding wheat, my wifes sister has cancer , she also diabetes's. The doctor suggetsed that she reads the book :Wheat Belly: Anyway I decidded to read it and see what it was about. I work in Papau New Guinea for an Oil Company flying Helicopters.On the way into work at the end of March I had to go and have a CAA medical in Cairns. I weighed in at 218 LBS and have been around that weight for several years. I walk every day, two to three miles and have been trying to lose weight for years. Anyway I never had any bread , Grains for a month. I live in the USA so when I went on break 28 days later I had to do an FAA medical and I weighed in at 205 LBS. Its now the middle of July and still havent had any breads or Grains and today I just weighed myself and am down to 195 LBS and feel great and am not so bloated . I jsut stumbled onto this website and am looking forward to giving this a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    Completely agree! Not sure if you have tried yet but cut out the dairy too and you'll feel even better! The last 4 weeks of no bread and/or dairy have been life changing. I have no urge to ever go back based on how I feel.
    That is great for both of you, and MANY have the same sort of response. These little threads are fun intellectual games (and I say have at it! never bad to keep working the noggin), but in the end its all about results.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314