Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wheat page 12

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    You need very little fat to live yeah. You need very little carbs to live as well. What's optimal?
    Actually you can live without carbs, remove fat or protein and you will die. They are essential parts of any diet. Having said that I am not giving up my veg...lol. Vegetables, protein and fat all the stuff that tastes great.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    ...I know it has been pointed out before but the body can take and adapt to toxins much better when you are younger. I know some people think that is a cop-out but it is not. When I think about some of the ways I ate when I was out when I was younger there was no way I could have done that when I was older (even prePrimal).
    I think there's also an element of cumulative damage. I ate CW for years and did well. Then in my mid-30s I developed an autoimmune condition. If you buy into the intestinal permeability theory of autoimmunity, it seems quite likely that it was the consequence of years of eating things that damaged my gut. I always opted for whole grains over refined. I also ate plenty of legumes. I didn't soak, sprout, or ferment anything. Plus I ate a lot of fruit and veg. I was pescatarian for many years, though fish was not something I ate much. Most of my meals were vegan, actually. This all worked great for years and then it was like my body hit a wall.

It wasn't a life time of junk food and inactivity that did me in. I exercised religiously. I ate what CW told me to eat. I avoided saturated fat and transfats. I cooked with 'healthy' oils like canola and used them sparingly. I ate plenty of soy protein, plus the above-mentioned whole grains and legumes. I'm not unique in this, either. I hear this same story on these boards all the time.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    @forgotmyusername
    I don't agree with a population thriving on low-fat

@Darz did you read the studies? if you think you are fine eating wheat then why ask the question in the first place?

@Neckhammer spot on.

I know it has been pointed out before but the body can take and adapt to toxins much better when you are younger. I know some people think that is a cop-out but it is not. When I think about some of the ways I ate when I was out when I was younger there was no way I could have done that when I was older (even prePrimal).
    Really? So you deny the use of wheat in the Italian diet and believe some of the longest lived cultures who follow a HCLF diet either don't exist or are not really thriving. Ok.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Really? So you deny the use of wheat in the Italian diet and believe some of the longest lived cultures who follow a HCLF diet either don't exist or are not really thriving. Ok.
    I NEVER denied the use of wheat in Italian diets...are you taking a page from jimhenson and making things up?

Which cultures are HCLF?
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Someone said the Italians eat plenty of wheat and you replied "No they don't but when they do it's full of fat".
    New Guinea and Massa tribes, Kitavans, lots of asian populations and basically any culture that ate 60% + carbohydrate before westernization.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Did anyone bother to say that the Italians don't eat the GMO wheat that dominates the American food supply? Maybe it would help if we're comparing the same thing?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Rodger doger......what more activity and tratitional preperation dont do it for you?

Please explain to me how their lifestyle and the types of grains they consume are so similar to our daily life?

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Did anyone bother to say that the Italians don't eat the GMO wheat that dominates the American food supply? Maybe it would help if we're comparing the same thing?
    apples vs cantelopes with genetically altered testicles? Don't laugh I'm being serious about the ramifications.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-13-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Rodger doger......what more activity and tratitional preperation dont do it for you?

Please explain to me how their lifestyle and the types of grains they consume are so similar to our daily life?
    I didn't mention anything about their lifestyle or how it compares to our lifestyle. It was his comments that the Italians don't consume plenty of wheat and that he doesn't believe cultures have thrived on a low-fat diet. Which are both patently false.

I didn't mention anything about their lifestyle or how it compares to our lifestyle. It was his comments that the Italians don't consume plenty of wheat and that he doesn't believe cultures have thrived on a low-fat diet. Which are both patently false.
    Just curious...do you know if the wheat consumed there is the same as that we consume in the USA? Is preparation the same? And remember if your gonna quote the "long lived" make sure your including how they ate and lived in the early 1900's vs today......Today don't mean a damn thing....heck 30-70 years ago may not even be completely relevant according to epigenetic factors.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast