Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Started page 2

gdmaynes is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    So today I had

Breakfast:
    - a 3 egg omelet with salmon with the pan greased in butter

Lunch
    - a burrito bowl with no rice and beans, just 1/2 cup beef and 1/2 cup chicken, salsa, peppers, lettuce, and hot sauce

Snack
    - hand full of blueberries and almonds

Dinner
    - Porter house steak
    - Steamed cauliflower/broccoli mix
    - Mushrooms in butter
    - Fresh garden salad with dijon mustard sauce
    - 1 Glass 1989 French Bordeaux

And I passed up on my favorite toll house pie!

I know I should probably have my big meal before 7pm but other than that, how do you guys think I'm doing?

I'm hovering around the 200 lbs mark at 5'10 and I'm looking to lose about 25 lbs

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    I eat a salad every afternoon ( spinach, avocado, peppers, cucumber, tomato, chicken) and for dinner usually a dark green veggie ( spinach, broccoli rabe, or mixed frozen veggies) and meat.

Deadnskinny is offline Junior Member
    That looks about perfect, I'd say you've got the right idea. As you go on, you'll naturally gravitate toward fresh, non-processed stuff and end up with things like making your own salsa.

Are you doing the rest of the blueprint too? I've found that not just the diet but the whole package is making the difference for me in how I feel.

gdmaynes is offline Junior Member
    Went for a 2.25 mile hike after dinner in my new FiveFingers "shoes" (if you want to call them that) at a nice slow hour long pace. According to mapmyrun I burned 565 calories. Feeling a good tired, not just a sleepy tired, more like an end of the day tired. Gonna drink a bunch of water and pass out!

Deadnskinny is offline Junior Member
    I have to get me a pair of those ... although my feet are so huge I think I would look ridiculous, I want to try them out. Sounds like you had a good day, give yourself a lot of credit and smile as you hit the pillow tonight. You're winning!

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Looking very good on the menu. I would be a little skeptical of the mapmyrun calorie count, though. Unless you were climbing straight up a mountain, or were carrying your wife on your back, you are unlikely to have burned more than 250-300 calories on your wa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12