Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: because of my cat ! - artys primal journal page 8

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hurr is soo twue ! If u didn't exercise in the gym etc it don't count .....thanks for reminding Siobhan, its quite easy to diss things that don't fit with that isn't it ...since I messed up my knee with chronic cardio I think I may need to pay more attention to things that I do that I actually don't need to go somewhere "special" to do ..sounds ok to me !

Hi DCarr have had similar experiences with counting calories too ... So much so am deeply mistrustful of all thqt advice as it never worked for me either...i was starving all,the time and going for 90min runs ....but only lost 5 lbs in3 months...was really miserable...but it's very encouraging to hear that PB is working for you , I do feel,I am getting in better shape but scales are slow to shift ....I am patient I hope and of course others stories are great for keeping going !!

Hi primal me ! How lovely to have another cat person who has worked through the dreaded cat food conundrum ! So glad that your puddy is ok now..it's amazing that their pancreas can heal from diabetes isn't it..part of the 9 lives I suspect , you are so smart to have managed that and figured it out, I don't think we would have managed that without the Internet as the info is very available in the uk ....

All your animals sound just lovely ..made me grin just reading your post ...and cats of such great standing In years and no doubt knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the human creature ! What would we be without them...And a dog too ! Am v envious would love a dog but would not be fair in city and am out too much...

Sorry about your leg though especially out of the blue like that ? have had great help,from chiropractors and osteopaths myself so hope it works for you too...thanks for sharing your cat story... Am honoured ..

Today's food

B almond pancake strawbs, Greek yoghurt
    L smoked mackerel pâté home made salad
    D artichoke head with melted butter, lamb steak , spinach with creme fraiche
    snacks almonds, Parmesan , apple, cold cuts pork shoulder

Did sprint workout 20 mins cross trainer 30sec sprint, 2 mins recovery, 10 press ups on knees, and abs some ...was tired after this workout, did enjoy my sprints had some good music going and went for it....been v hot here today so maybe that's it...or maybe day after gardening spectacular ! Anyhow felt I must have trimmed off some ...ha !

Shall see...

B 2eggs scrambled
    L salad with pork shoulder
    D chicken fried in nut n herb crust , salad, courgette pasta..
    Snacks almonds, banana , apple

Feeling ok ...bit moody praps..but energy good would be nice if I had lost some but think am looking better, sun helps of course ! am enjoying this way of eating and os is DH bless he's always been a carnivore and hated by tofu dishes..

Tomorrow d day for transport in London S Olympic lanes open which may cause bit of chaos for commutes... We don't know what will happen..hope I make it home ok on Friday as really want to see opening ceremony...apparently it involves sheep and we all cannot imagine how that's going to work ! Sense of anticipation definitely apparent lots of visitors in town ...feels good

Hurhur...! My own typo gave me a laugh...imagining DH hated by tofu dishes .....hehehehe!! Of course should b my tofu dishes...

Otherwise noting that am actually incredibly moody today, found myself in really bad form, irritated, angry, worried, bit tired, wot is going on Henry ? ....is it reading book it starts with food ? Do find it all bit worrisome I suppose, didn't know about pufas and perhaps secretly hoped that my diet wasn't sooo bad...am not so sure now tho', think the book is brilliant even so and really well explained ..maybe feeling bit fed with all the bad advice/info have had on diet...or maybe sugar withdrawal...dunno anyhuuuuu cats loving this sunshine and being outdoors

Yesterday's food
    Did little IF 16 hrs
    L chicken left overs salad with half sweet potato, grated carrot, homemade mayo, tomato was v hungry after good Lht session 45 mins
    D pork Thai style in coconut milk with celery, onion, mushrooms, chilli, ginger, garlic, baby organic carrots with butter, 3 gls red wine...really felt like red wine wonder if I am missing any nutrients does red wine have vit b ? Just since I seem really bit low generally today mood n energy, also note that my keratosis on arms is worse today feels rough n dry....cat brought in mouse in middle of night, he is so proud of this has to wake us up to make sure we know with lionlike growling and rumbling round bedroom for what seems like hours, we can never get it off him he is so fierce about it, am knackered this morning thank you ! Maybe he thinks we need to try more raw food but will skip mouse for breakfast though ..aaa !
    Last edited by artyscat; 07-26-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typo

Oh and also tried out paleotrack today as suggested by siobhan , the chart is really v helpful, like it ! .much better than fitnesspal had some probs trying to enter recipes but was using iPad ....Wonder if that was why ?

B 2 bacon tomato
    L brie grapes goat cheddar
    D salmon grilled, cumin, mustard, chilli, cinnamon ginger rub , broccoli, raspberries creme fraiche

Yoga 90 mins...on my way there felt really hungry thinking what I would eat afterwards ...but afterwards was not really hungry which is unusual...mostly come home and eat gigantic salad ..so just had grapes cheese as that's what I fancied.

Mood seems to be lifting and not feeling grumpy, really don't enjoy being in that place ...

Tomorrow have eto travel across town ..really hoping to get home ok ! So far transports working fine , there is a lovely vibe around excitement for opening of the games...so many visitors and on my commute today so many languages , love this mix of the human race so great......anyhow tomorrow i cannot miss the opening ceremony and those sheep ! Also DH is threatening margaritas ..he makes the v best all fresh juice etc (and yep its true , am too tootally biased natch ) margaritas not good I know but really can't manage more than one so probably will celebrate !

Well we had our margaritas and watched the show ! Quite a show it was too, the Queen was priceless with James bond ..esp since she is I think 85 or 6 ..we did think she probably would not have liked the Artic Monkeys but good for her ! As to the show we thought Danny Boyle did us proud..and the stadium looked beautiful..there were so many amazing beautiful funny moving moments..loved the moths or butterfly's gliding out on bicycles, genius ! the Mary Poppins , voldemort, the tempest, pink floyd , dizzee rascal....a bit of a britfest...we did grumble a bit when a mini appeared..bit too much like marketing but so much else we loved including the construction staff at thenend was a lovely touch, but where were the sheep ? nowhere to be seen not surprising as they would have been terrified i think we watched to the v end ....all the different teams n costumes

We are bit weary this morning and DH had early start as driving down to s coast , is "practising" with the crew of another bigger boat on the coast today ...race coming up in 2 weeks so they are gearing up for that, he does these races most years and its too bad they never have had silverwear seem to be plagued with various disasters in their races..something breaks at a critical moment kinda thing but they keep plugging away

I am able to lounge in bed with cats and potmofmtea..heaven ! Hussarr

Yesterday's food

B almond pancakes, banana, raspberries, Greek yoghurt
    L salmon left overs, broccoli, cucumber, red onion mustard
    D left overs of Thai pork, cabbage with butter
    Brie goat cheddar olives, cashews
    Margarita 1 only...was lovely !
    Later 2 gls red

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast