Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: because of my cat ! - artys primal journal page 6

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You'll be a senior member before you know it. That's 100 posts. It's a good system, really, because it encourages you read other people's journals, comment, get your own journal out there in your sig, and next thing you know you have a positive supportive community to turn to for cheers and giggles.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    hi Siobhan ...you know I think its already happening - been so helpful really feel ok even about not doing so great sometimes !

yesterdays food

B - just coffee and a cuppa as decided to sort of do a IF but I did have some milk so wasn't really 'proper'
    L - chicken and salad
    D - fillet steak, cabbage with butter, roasted veg
    Snacks almonds, camembert cheese, grapes

todays food

weirdly wasn't hungry at breakfast today so I decided I would just have coffee and tea again
    there was a bbq at work at lunchtime so had some chicken and lamb chops with salad -
    am planning to have some fish cooked in cashew/coconut crumb fried in coconut oil - yayy I did get some with cabbage salad and lime sauce (might add some chilli) - found the recipe on chowstalker which I came across and liked lots of good ideas -

otherwise my energy has been really good today was up early feeling ok seems like Tues blip has passed whatever that was - did have stressful stuff at work which actually went ok so maybe thats been rumbling in the background, I dunno - maybe it was wheat addiction .....ghosts of sourdough loaves I used to make come back to haunt me ?? whatever I am sooo glad to feel happy and energised today - yoga was great just love that class ...

btw to those who know is desiccated coconut ok ? - not sure if its really coconut flakes as mentioned around the site ? thanks if anyone can let me know

You are doing great! I hear those sourdough echoes myself. I used to love to bake bread.

I think the desiccated coconut is okay as long as it doesn't have any weird ingredients listed. I'm not an expert though. I have used it myself so I hope it is.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

thanks siobhan !

Yesterday's food

B scrambled eggs
    L moussaka salad
    D quiche with nut crust chorizo, roasted veg mozzarella, spinach , pud strawbs, banana, jackfruit, creme fraiche
    Snacks guacamole , goat cheddar, olives, Parmesan almonds

Think day after exercise am really hungry was completely starving by 6pm even tho was full after supper last night and also lunch so not sure why, would have killed for a cracker with guacamole ! Really missing crackers at the moment

The Olympic torch has arrived in London we are all bracing ourselves for transport chaos next week, but there's quite a bit of excitement too, a colleague won a ticket to the 2nd last day of Olympics on mayors lottery and thinks he may see usain bolt
    Which is amazing...less amazing is the surface to air missiles round the neighbourhoods....really surreal to see ....

DH is hoping that I might help him get his boat out of the water ! Think will offer encouragement from the club house....and let the boys help him , there are plenty of willing bodies , tractors and trailers not exactly my thing....think he's just pulling my leg , amazed he always asks...nuts !

And another thing !! I notice that generally my mood is soo much better.... I feel just more relaxed and sort of content...having more of a laugh with DH....maybe am not beating myself up so much ? Not sure but just logging that .....hope it continues

Idioteque is offline Member
    Sorry for hijacking your thread. I just found it funny.

We also changed our way of eating after putting first our cat to a no-grain diet 4 years ago. He developed struvites and if I was to follow the advice of the vet (only "special" struvites food which meant even MORE grains that the normal one) he would have probably been through a lot of surgery now (they said he will have recurrent problems every half year or so even with special nutrition!).

I refused to believe that and I started researching on my own. I put him on an (almost) exclusive meat diet (we still feed him some dry food because from time to time he has to stay at a cat-hotel and needs to remember that "dry-food" is still food but this dry food is also grain free). I also buy stuff from the internet. Have been using zooplus (also in UK) for a few years now with success.

Anyway, needless to say that the cat had no problem whatsoever since we put him on a species-appropriate diet. His coat is amazing, his teeth are clean and he is full of energy. Stupid vets...

So yeah, good luck with your transition. I hope things work out for you as well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Surface to air missiles in your neighborhood? Tell us more!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast