Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: because of my cat ! - artys primal journal page 5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is some research you have there! I'm trying them on The Honest Kitchen food, which is dehydrated - I add water and let it sit for five minutes. No grains, 35% protein, 30% fat, has some pumpkin and cranberries. Interesting stuff. Supposed to be human grade ingredients! Maybe I should mix some into a pate for myself. (Kidding) I want Tub to be non-Tub and Slim to have a more powerful heart. Hope I can achieve those goals.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    hi siobhan - heres to tub getting non tub and slim to have more powerful heart !! sounds like you are well on the way

and btw thats not my research its courtesy of Diabetic Cat Help (hope they don't mind !) ...a great site that helped us so much

before I forget what did I eat ....yesterday

B 2 slices bacon , poached egg , fried tomato
    L piece of moussaka
    D roast duck, baked sweet potato, carrots and spring cabbage steamed with butter
    strawberried, peach and creme fraiche 2 gls red wine
    Snacks : almonds , B& G 80%

was still suffering from Friday and felt v hungry around meal times - at least thats what I put it down to

todays food
    B almond pancakes, strawberries, creme fraiche 1 dsp maple syrup
    L mousakka, salad, steamed cabbage & carrots
    D stir fried duck with veg carrots, spring cabbage, spring onions mushrooms, garlic chilli ginger tamari 1 tsp palm sugar
    snacks 1 apple

much less hungry today which is a relief ....also went to the gym which I haven't done since starting - did 20 mins on rowing machine 30 sec sprints 2 min recovery which I could manage ok , was about right I think and ...when I say sprint its as fast as I can go which is not v fast ha ha ! but I did get a good work out and actually didn't feel totally knackered when I got home as I often do after my usual gym session ...so I like that !! plan to do 1 lifting heavy things session and yoga - hope that counts as heavy lifting too , love my yoga class its 90 mins and seems to have a profound effect on me ...anyhow thats the plan ...whoooopeee !!!!!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Good on you for the workout! I find yoga to have terrific effects on strengthening my upper body - I seem to be able to do yoga postures more easily than lifting weights. Since I'm lifting myself with yoga, it works pretty well! A big strong man would probably not get this effect, but since I'm not a big strong man, who cares?

That reminds me to do some squats and lunges today -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

so yesterdays food

B poached egg, rocket and tomato ...avec le drizzel olive oyl ..
    L chicken curry with chana dhal and salad (uh oh !) some rice ( uuh ohh!!)
    D mousakka salad
    S jammy dodger (nono no !) , 3 oatcakes 2 with almond nut butter and honey ( no but num num num!! ) , goat cheddar
    2 gsl red whine

and the scales did not move so have not lost this week ....

......I felt depressed about myself

.....and then I thought I am not going to guilt trip myself, I am not on a diet - yes I am trying to loose weight but more than that I am trying to sort out my body issues like getting soooo bloated, dry skin and dry hair, why I am gaining weight a bit year on year, even while increasing my exercise , I never ever did this much exercise in my 20's and 30's I was pretty active but I didn't do dedicated CV or weights like I do now...I want to stop feeling tired, feeling terrorised that if I don't keep up my exercise I will keep gaining - I like my exercise but I don't want to feel worried about it ....

and maybe its a thing I was under my calorie goal on the day I exercised and this is the next day - I really hate the whole calorie - dire counting thing since I really beat myself up so much for so long on that road but I am logging my food on Fitness Pal so I can see and check my carb intake.... could it really be its a body thing trying to gain back what was lost from my sprint workout, have started reading around on some of this stuff , can't say I really understand it too well - so will experiment and try to make sure to eat over my cals on LHT day

tachikomoo is offline Member
    oh arty I know that feeling, but yes you're right, its NOT a diet, its the life we should have been living, and its a great 'new start' as well. This may be the last chance some of us get to finally do it right and give ourselves and our bodies the break we deserve, and feel great while doing it. I know so much what you mean about the scales not moving, as I'm pretty sure my 1 lb lost was just my flub taking a cheeky hoilday, as its back lol...

One of the things I'm trying to put together is a 'monthly' meal plan which basically has mix-and-match primal meals from all the cookbooks and I'm going to measure the macronutrients/calories so that no matter which 3 meals I pick I'll end up with roughly the right calorie count. Then I can just do my shop for the week based on my plan and know that I'll be eating healthily!

I'm also rewarding myself with my 1 month primal anniversary (lol) by buying a chef's pan so that I can even easier make quick primal meals for lunch as this has been a challenge getting them ready before work.

And your rocket and olive oil is going on my breakfast menu!! maybe you have some favourite meals you want to add to the collaborative cookbook?

Keep at it Arty, we'll get there!! for us and the tubby cats lol

thanks Tachi - it really helps to hear that and cheered me up ! I'll keep on with it just hate those blooming scales but cannot resist having a peek even so - but I know that its daft to think that somehow weightloss is going to be linear, if I have learnt anything its that I don't loose weight like that ..

am chuffed that the rocket thing is going on your breakfast menu ! I would love to share some meal ideas and like your mix and match meals idea - I really need to get some primal cookbooks as I have just downloaded the freebies so far so its a good idea to get more organised ....actually DH has a really great goat curry recipe, goat has to be extremely primal ?? not sure it would appeal to some though but this curry is also delicious...

hi siobhan so agree yoga is fab and also amazing just how effective seemingly simple exercises can be - yeah I'm counting it a LHT ...hope squats and lunges went ok ..good for you ! with the fire escape you must be getting some pretty good toning going ..

also see I am actually a member now ! wow thats nice ..

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast