Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: because of my cat ! - artys primal journal page 3

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    At least I have taken the positive step of not feeding my cat pizza anymore. Or bread. I'm going to the pet food shop today and look at labels. Perhaps if I feed it side by side in the same dish as the Fancy Feast? FF is full of wheat gluten! Wheat gluten! Am I trying to give them diabetes? I want tubby cat to lose weight and feel good as I have - as a cat he has even more reason to be primal than I do.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

tachikomoo is offline Member
    On the other hand, now that I've let my hubby know that our tubby cat got tubby cos of all the carb food and bad treats, he's been feeding him loads of chicken and pork bits... "It's okay, its Primal!" lol, not on top of the carbs it isn't!! Ah well... requesting photos of tubby cat and Arty's cat!

Also Arty do you have any advice on how to make primal scotch eggs? I noticed you put them on your meal plan

I posted a photo of tubby cat in my journal, except I cheated and posted non-tubby one. I don't think it's fair to post unflattering photos of any sentient being on the internet. But he looks just the same, just wider.

I will post a photo of Slim Cat too.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    (SNIP) You can put coconut cream in your coffee, cook your eggs in coconut oil. Be sure to test it out carefully in case it doesn't agree with you. I work the night shift and often get very cold in the middle of the night - some coconut oil warms me up but doesn't make me hungry. (SNIP).
    Hi, Arstycat. Love the beginning of your journal. I'll second the proceed with caution. I loved coconut milk til I realized th organic BPA free cans of CM had guar gum in it and it apparently triggers my asthma (which pretty much went away after going primal). I add in real EV Olive Oil on my salads and cook in coconut oil and use some Kerrygold butter for my fats ( and my beloved cheese!). Search in this site for the real vs fake EVOO threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Annakay View Post
    My cat has always eaten kibble. She will not eat meat, ever heard of a cat who does not like meat? If I offer her wet food she will lick the gravy and leave the meat. She loves a bit of white fish, turns her nose up at oily fish. I think it would be very difficult to get her on to a primal diet.
    One of my cats goes nuts for deli ham only (not roast beef) CAFO chicken not pastured and the SAD/BAD kitty food and turns his nose up at raw grass finished pastured beef liver. Very disturbing!

Yeah, they are like kids that will only eat mac and cheese and oreos. Or say they want to be vegetarians and live on McDonald's french fries and shakes. (I work with a young woman who actually does this.) But I am going to start working on this and get them healthier.

Ljforsyth is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Hi, Cat lover,
    This is for you
    Dansons la capucine - YouTube
    Best video ever! thank you!

tachikomoo is offline Member
    oh dear, all the crazy cat lovers coming out of the woodwork!

Ljforsyth is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikomoo View Post
    oh dear, all the crazy cat lovers coming out of the woodwork!
    yea you gotta watch us... we will play with your kittens!

Yeah, I always was a crazy cat lover but now that I'm primal I'm even worse - must be getting wilder -

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Yayy ! all the krrraazee kat peeple ...so glad to find the tribe ...

I agree we will definitely play with your kittens ...in fact my friend just found 3 under her bed - wot ?? courtesy of neighbours cat who obviously can tell the difference between krappy owner who thinks all cats belong outside at night (even when heavily pregnant ) and real genuine krazeee kat person who has a nice area under her bed which is ideal for a new family ! - her street are now discussing how they can share the kittens ...see really really kraaazeeee ! look out ..

her are some pics of our pwimal puddy

can you tell which is before and after .... ?

vcm_s_kf_repr_624x832.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast