Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: because of my cat ! - artys primal journal page 11

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel the same way about sailing. Growing up as I did on Long Island Sound. I'm great ballast and I can coffee grind with the best, but it better be sunny with a stiff breeze and a full beer cooler or I'm happy enough staying on Terra Firma.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Hey David ! Another sailor of discernment ....hussarr ! Actually love cooking on board too aren't u always starving everything tastes fabulous but these racing freaks won't have even a cooler on board...seriously they are suffering from a in cure able condition haha ...yay pass me a coffee

Ok so Thursday went for japanese ...yum yum and ate too much , greedy girl ! mostly good choices I thought dunno maybe not ? we had mixed sashimi 15 pieces to,share, 1 beef Teriaki skewer each, 1chicken yakatori skewer each, I Mackerel fillet , I large portion Japanese fried veg, 2 RW ....I was stuffed and subsequently could not eat much next day....looking at it now and cal wise is not that high ..doesn't seem huge amount but maybe protein overdose ...or the teriaki marinades are full of junky stuff, is that what u mean Tachi ? Would like to know more as even 2 days after still have bloat and appetite not returned...mayb a good thing haha but weird.....

primal me is offline Member
    I find that I react to the wheat used in the teriyaki sauce, that and the MSG most Asian restaurants use. Its the same with most soy sauces, most are made using wheat and autolyzed yeast extract (a form of msg) and my tummy hurts so much afterwards. I was lucky enough to find wheat-free and msg-free teriyaki and tamari sauces to use at home.
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by primal me View Post
    I find that I react to the wheat used in the teriyaki sauce, that and the MSG most Asian restaurants use. Its the same with most soy sauces, most are made using wheat and autolyzed yeast extract (a form of msg) and my tummy hurts so much afterwards. I was lucky enough to find wheat-free and msg-free teriyaki and tamari sauces to use at home.
    Hi primal me and thanks for that maybe it explains what was going on ! I do have tamari at home which is naturally brewed and wheat free it never crossed my mind that this wasn't just normal tamari and that restaurant might use non trad ingredients....argh ! Something definitely got me was 2 days before my tum recovered.....

Haven't logged meals so much here since its on fitness pal so getting lazy to do it twice, but since eating out disaster next day 13g carb 845 cals and had no appetite, just bloat and general bleugh feeling, Okish next day 83g carbs 1600 cals, then 32g carb n 1145 cal , freshs veg eggs, fish and some beef, also some black currants yummiest ! Blackberries and Greek yoghurt.....some cravings for carbs made low carb cheesecake oooo is that bad ? ! Ate 2 slices so didn't go mad but it does have palm sugar in it...is that a good intention under my foot ? ...I hope not..will report back

General feeling Olympics went so well and feeling a bit flat it's over....I loved the whacky closing ceremony too...want to visit the park to see all the amazing planting that's been done it just looks wonderful and will be a fabulous resource for a part of London that has been pretty sidelined in substantial community resources...so I am crossing all my fingers that it will pay off for E London

Myself feeling pretty ok, mood and energy good, level.have weghed last week and was down 2 lbs ! So just keeping on am happy with how things are going

was so lucky to get free ticket to box at Prom last night , great seats, some lovely music and some , well bit challenging ..but its good to stretch the boundaries and made Bartok sound amazing..... Cats furious and woke me at 5am with a bite ! How dare you go out and come home late ...

we are about to holiday with my family in Ireland...how will I cope with dreaded spud...they do not grow a spud like it in England so it will be testing might allow myself 1/2 a spud..but otherwise hope i mostly stick to the homegrown veggies and fresh meat n fish so should b ok...will be lovely to spend time with my Ma who is 86 and about to have a go at starting potty training my bro's son who she partially babysits .... she just thrives on being involved in whats goin on in the family, an amazing matriarch and loves having a 2.5 yr old around some of the time ! She is pretty amazing !
    Last edited by artyscat; 08-14-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Typo

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011