Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What you eat for weight loss page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

What you eat for weight loss

Primal Fuel
    For those of you who have lost weight eating primally- what did/do you eat? Fruit? Nuts? Only veg and animal protein? And how much?
    I'm 5'7", and have 10lbs to loose, and already eat a primal diet (no dairy or grains or white sugar).
    Advise me!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    It is a very individual thing. How much are you eating? exercising? sleeping? What are you stress levels like?

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I came to Primal via low carb so I don't eat processed food, grains, legumes, baked goods, pasta or high carb veg. I eat organic stuff when possible but even when it's not, I eat additive free.

Since going low carb in 2010 I'm down from UK size 22 to UK size 14 and I did the last part from UK size 18 to UK size 14 December - June, losing six inches off my waist. No calorie counting, no fasting and I haven't been hitting the gym, just a bit of walking.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I think at this point you can either start subsisting on leaner meats and vegetables only or start hitting the gym.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    If you only have 10lbs to lose, you should eat the foods on the primal blueprint list. Eat them to satiety but no more than that. Then do the primal fitness exercises. You might gain weight but it will be muscle and bone and you'll look a lot better and get strong.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Lost 100lbs with meat (mostly red), organs, veggies, very little fruit (berries only), plenty of butter, coconut products water and freshly brewed unsweetened japanese/chinese green tea. Nothing else.

Maintenance is largely the same, but a bit looser. I'll have a sweet potato or 2 occasionally, a bite of cake once a year (for the wife), a glass of wine once every few months. some macadamias once in a while...

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    The last few pounds are always the trickiest and it is there you need to be the most strict. No nuts and no dairy seems to be the first thing people eliminate.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I'd switch to lower carb nuts like pistachios rather than give up nuts altogether.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    chickenbackside, fantastic! Glad to read that. I was just thinking maybe I should do less beef, more chicken maybe.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For me I did veggies with fat, meat, and eggs. No fruit, startches, and limited nuts. I dropped any weight I wanted to in about a month. It was easy and I felt great. I've only added some stuff back in for variety, but I think I'm gonna go back to that way of eating for a while again to see if it clears up some aches and pains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast