Thread: Mid to long term changes page

Pearl is offline Junior Member
    Rhode Island

Mid to long term changes

Shop Now
    Beyond weight loss and improved body composition, what changes have you experienced, physically, psychologically, emotionally, with primal?
    Im about two months in, I have more consistent energy and greatly improved facial skin. Cravings are subsiding, sleep is more refreshing, tummy is less poochy, satisfied with much less food and weaning off a pretty hardcore caffeine habit. Not a lot of movement in weight or body comp, but I'm in no rush. Glad to be able to support my body in healing and repairing.
    I understand that changes keep coming down the line. How long have you been making primal your priority, and what other improvements or changes have you noticed?

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    I started going semi primal in March. I have noticed my belt tightening, my face is a bit slimmer and the scales don't squeal so loudly when I get on them. I started HIT exercise on my rowing machine when I started my primal journey and Body by Science strength training last week. My wife says my back does not look so fat, now there's a compliment!

I bought the 90 Day Journal. My 90 day goals are to lose another 14lbs and decrease my one kilometre time on the rowing machine from 4 mins 21 secs to 4 minutes dead.

I wrote "semi primal" because I can not afford the top quality meat and other foods involved in being totally primal. I make the choices that I think are going to give me best value.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Santa Barbara
    I've been doing this almost a year. I stopped losing weight around February of this year. Since then I continue to feel improvements in my mental health, physical strength and energy level. My body is firmer and doesn't jiggle as much. I also feel a sense that my appetite/satiety system can be trusted and that it works normally. I also can sense that if I ever was hypothyroid in the past I no longer am. I feel too strong, energetic, warm, healthy and happy to ever ask a doctor "what's wrong with me?" because I honestly feel there's nothing wrong with me. Well, except I seem to have hurt a muscle in my left shoulder...
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My weight loss has stalled, which is fine, as I have some skin that needs to tighten up and that is slowly happening.

Overall, my skin is better, energy is better. I feel like I am more at peace with eating- I have cheats, but they don't consume me or snowball, and I am preferring the primal foods 100%. I feel like my bad choices are more habit vs. want. The only "cheats" that I've really been OMG this is worth it has been ice cream and a coke. I'm seeing a big improvement in some anxiety and sleep related issues. I feel like I'm getting stronger too.

I need to lose more weight, but am working on getting my exercise back on track, then I am going to really clean up the diet. I have been maintaining effortlessly (ie eating whatever I want). Now "whatever I want" is healthy primal foods, but I see areas I could cut back on at times.

I started at the end of last October at around 215 and a size 16 headed to an 18. I am now 184 and a size 12. I'd like to get to 155 or so and be a size 8.

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Brussels, Belgium
    Energy levels is certainly one of the biggest advantages. Getting up more refreshed too - I make an effort to sllep more though, I used to get only 5-6 hrs a night, now trying to aim at 7-8.
    I also seem to be happier, calmer and not fussing about things. I have noticed that if I eat lots of non-primal carbs for a couple of days, I turn into an irritable b*tch or depressive "I just want to lie here and do nothing" vegetable. Last three months I have been on very strict paleo (except one chat meal a week) and there hasn't been a single moodswing...

EncinoMan is offline Junior Member
    Learn More
    I started with PB about 3 months ago. By that point I had been exercising/dieting CW style for about 8 months and had lost most of the extra weight I had been carrying around by that point. I started around 235 lbs and had gotten to around 200 lbs before finding the PB. I was doing P90X, pretty regular cardio, and lifting a little weight, but mostly this was a result of switching from a diet that was mostly pizza and beer to a "healthy" CW diet.

Since I started with PB, I've noticed a great improvement in mood, energy, and results. Ive dropped another 10 lbs in body weight while adding muscle. Ive changed my workout regiment and now 'exercise' about 1/3 as much as I used to. I ditched the cardio and focused more on adding strength. On days where I don't lift I focus on moving slowing/taking walks (which I dont consider exercise). Since I had been eating a lower-carb diet before Primal (about 150g/day) I have avoided the low-carb flu and its been a pretty easy transition to primal eating.

I have much more energy now than I did 3 months ago. I no longer get tired and incredibly hungry every afternoon around 2:30. I can seemlessly skip a meal without much notice or care, as opposed to watching the clock like a hawk waiting for my lunch break. Ive been experimenting with fasting and usually do a 20+ hour fast once a week and find I feel great and have plenty of energy throughout the day (plus I love the gigantic dinner I have to break it!)

Ive never been sick or had any chronic illness/disease/condition that was miraculously cured when I found PB. I simply feel great, look better, and believe that this is a way I can live for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by EncinoMan; 07-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.