Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All hail the humble sausage page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

All hail the humble sausage

Not a recipe as such, but what is it about these marvellous creations that really gets the juices flowing? There is nothing better in my eyes than a pan full of them sizzling away.

My butcher makes me up batches of pure pork sozzies and I get him to add a bit of chilli to them also but would love some other suggestions to get him to make up for me?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member
    They already sound perfect to me. lol. If anything, maybe a touch of sage would add a nice bit of flavor.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Does your butcher make them wheat and gluten free? I am currently eating Paul Rankin's outdoor bred pork sausages which are gluten free and they are so good.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Just tried the Gressingham duck sausages at the weekend - wheat and gluten free - duck, bramley apple, pork belly, garlic, herbs and tapioca starch - they were seriously good!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    Does your butcher make them wheat and gluten free? I am currently eating Paul Rankin's outdoor bred pork sausages which are gluten free and they are so good.
    The only thing they contain is some chilli, the casing and pure pork. No filler!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Which butchers do you go to? just wondering if mine might do the same.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    duck, bramley apple, pork belly, garlic, herbs
    yumm!!!

you can find sausage recipes online for ideas. this site gave me some ideas, even if it isnt very graphical
    Homemade Sausage Making Recipes from TheSpicySausage.com
    this one has some good flavours to use as ideas
    Sausage Recipes - How to Make Sausage | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
    you can mix your meats as well so if you see a decent flavour combo for say vension, you could do it with beef. it may just taste subtly different from the different meat.

pork and fennel are nice

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oliviascotland View Post
    Just tried the Gressingham duck sausages at the weekend - wheat and gluten free - duck, bramley apple, pork belly, garlic, herbs and tapioca starch - they were seriously good!
    these sound good, I'll look out for them.

I'd like to try making my own, and possibly doing cured charcuterie like salume. Anyone have experience with either? For sausage, sounds like you'd just need meat, casings, and seasoning, and a solid grinder. There was one at Gander Mountain I was considering, but suggestions are welcome...

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes you need meat, casings, seasonings and a mincer for sausages. it also helps to have a method of getting the meat into the casings. i have a sausage stuffer attachment which goes on the end of my mincer. i think you can get manual ones too. i have some sausages airdrying right now to try for salami so i am mid experiment. just google some recipes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast