2 2.25%
  • Other (please specify)

7 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poll: Eating Lifestyle Idetification page 5

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    In my first attempt to create this poll, I had too many characters (over the limit), in trying to describe the various differences between "labels". Each one is vastly more complex and nuanced than I could spell-out in the poll, so feel free to post your unique eating style

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Yes to dairy but otherwise strict and organic whenever I can buy it but always additive free no processed food.

On the bacon question I've only found organic bacon without nitrates at Jody Scheckter's farm website so far. Even organic bacon from the Prince of Wales estate has nitrates. Only ham I've found without preservatives of some kind is prosciutto (Parma ham from Italy) which just has salt. Again even the organic English-made hams have preservatives.

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Looks like I'm somewhere between OG Primal and relaxed paleo. Sugar from berries and an occasional square of dark chocolate. Some dairy every day - usually heavy cream for my one coffee, plus butter on vegetables, sometimes whole fat yogurt or an ounce of cheese - but 100% of it is organic non-conventional. No grains at all. All meats are grassfed, all seafood is wild caught, 1-2 cage-free eggs almost every day. (I'm lucky to have a great natural food store nearby.) No packaged foods at all. No tubers. Lots of coconut oil and manna, some olive oil, no other oils.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Would anyone else say that "relaxed paleo" maybe means more like VERY occasional dairy (including butter), like once per week? I'm thinking Whole 9 style/ a bit more relaxed Cordain?

jesssa is offline Member
    it's so interesting to see how people may classify themselves as the same, but their definitions of that classification differ!
    I called myself OG Primal, though I don't really do "cheats".
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345