2 2.25%
  • Other (please specify)

7 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Eating Lifestyle Idetification page 4

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I picked "OG Primal," but I'm closer to "relaxed paleo" with the only exception being booze. I quit it for a while and then experimented with consuming various amounts, coming to the conclusion that a few drinks a week don't really have any effect on my fitness/weight/energy, so why not enjoy them? I mostly drink bourbon with a squeeze of fresh lemon/lime or dry wines, though occasionally if I see an interesting microbrew I'll pick up a 6-pack. No cosmos or fruity/sugary bitch drinks
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I chose new primal, though I never eat rice. I don't see why sweet potatoes are not primal.

My 20% is too much dairy (though all grassfed, fermented and sometimes raw), honey, a dark chocolate bar about once a week if I'm out of better food aannd occasions where I can't help but to eat unhealthy. When I'm with friends I just eat nothing. But when I'm with my dad for a longer period of time I'll have to eat crap unfortunately.
    Billie trips balls

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I chose new primal, though I never eat rice. I don't see why sweet potatoes are not primal.

My 20% is too much dairy (though all grassfed, fermented and sometimes raw), honey, a dark chocolate bar about once a week if I'm out of better food aannd occasions where I can't help but to eat unhealthy. When I'm with friends I just eat nothing. But when I'm with my dad for a longer period of time I'll have to eat crap unfortunately.
    What makes you think you're eating 'too much' dairy and why would you say it's part of your 20%/cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    You look tasty.
    Regular basting and lemon-zest marinade is my secret. Sooooo..................how's the wife these days?
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    What makes you think you're eating 'too much' dairy and why would you say it's part of your 20%/cheat?
    Well it's more that I think I eat too little meat and eat dairy instead. This is because I can't down a lot of meat in 1 sitting and I don't want to cook meat all day. I eat a little less than pound of meat a day (about 400g i think) and more than a pound (let's say 600g) of dairy. I think it's better the other way around. Plus I don't like the idea of hormones in dairy, even when they're natural
    Billie trips balls

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Relaxed Paleo, I would say. Not enough fat for Primal, and I use fermented dairy & whey powder, some artificial sweeteners as cheats, some amount of legumes & tubers, but no grains, booze, and my long-term goal is to eliminate fruit, hard cheese and chocolate.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurKisses View Post
    Regular basting and lemon-zest marinade is my secret. Sooooo..................how's the wife these days?
    I wasn't hitting on ya, dude, I'm just genuinely hungry.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    I wasn't hitting on ya, dude, I'm just genuinely hungry.
    Don't see how that invalidates my question, boyo.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurKisses View Post
    Don't see how that invalidates my question, boyo.
    The wife's good. Not primal and loving it. Kinda wished I had worked that into a prenup.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post

Sweet potatoes are perfectly primal especially for younguns like you who can handle the extra carbs.
    Dairy is in the PB "enjoy in moderation" category. All Mark's objections to it in the PB were about the processed white junk that passes for dairy in most US supermarkets. You are lucky to have a supply of the good stuff. Enjoy it freely.
    Chocolate is what Mark calls a "sensible indulgence". Also since you are not in any danger of getting fat, go for it.

I hope you can bring the parents around eventually but in the meantime, quit worrying.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast