Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Drink? page 4

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me it's water, black coffee, white tea, green tea and red wine.

Check out this post for Peach Rosemary Iced Tea & Blueberry Iced Tea

Health-Bent | Peach Rosemary Iced Tea & Blueberry Iced Tea

kirs is offline Junior Member
    Coconut water is a great alternative when water gets a little repetitive. Otherwise, I love high quality green tea. Personally, I don't miss soda and the likes at all, perhaps it's just a habit. Have you tried cutting it completely for a week or two?

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Lime flavored sparkling water. I don't care much for the lemon or the theoretical fruit flavors.
    I also like Nellie and Joe's Famous Key Lime Juice in water, because I'm too lazy to squish my own limes most of the time.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I drink Gevalia Peruvian org coffee 1 cup every morning
    Simply red grapefruit juice, about 3 oz daily to take vitamin
    Ito en oi Ocha Japanese dark green tea w/org lime 1 bottle daily @ lunch
    Fiji water and filtered water from fridge, about 50 oz daily
    Don Julio tequila 3 oz, 2-3 times a week

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Lots of quality filter coffee. Caffeine's a godsend for me as it helps keep low blood pressure at bay.

Pukka teas, as mentioned previously, are truly marvellous (and made in the wonderful city where I live).

Also enjoying earl grey green tea recently.

And loving San Pellagrino mineral water for its taste and all those lovely healthy minerals.

Post-workout, goat's milk or a chilean white wine.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I mostly drink water and coffee. Besides those 2 I'll drink coconut water, almond or coconut milk but even then I try to just drink them during my workout days.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhiarti View Post
    Sounds like you need tastier meals!

Seriously, though, I'm afraid I do love water. Just plain water. Absolutely my drink of choice... has been ever since I was a little girl. No idea why, but threads like this, and living with another soft drinks addict, make me very glad it's the case!

Pukka do some actually tasty herb teas. Another one you might try is the Teapigs range - especially mint and liquorice, which is utterly delicious.

If you find any way to break the addiction (and, from what I've seen, there's really no other word for it), I'd love to know!
    Water for me too. Sometimes I drink cream from the bottle, but not with my tea....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

CarlaC is offline Member
    I still drink a can of diet soda a day. The rest of the time, besides water and coffee, it's seltzer with lemon. Try going half seltzer, half OJ, then move to a splash, then a slice. It works.

Deadnskinny is offline Junior Member
    I've been struggling with this exact issue. For me, I was on low-carb, low-processed for years, so the eating portion of Primal has been a snap. (As a matter of fact, I am struggling a lot with eating more than once every few days, but that's a different post)

I used to drink Diet Coke. A LOT of it. Fountain soda preferred (it has aspartame AND saccharin in it). You'd rarely see me without a large McDonald's cup. The reason I got out of bed, one at mid-morning, one for lunch, one on the way home. No ice, that'd just taint it!, and I'd put a shot of regular Coke at the bottom too. I realized one day that I was physically addicted to it when I was unable to get my fix for 12 hours and thought I was going to die. I started researching and after reading up on "aspartame poisoning" I honestly got scared. Well, this chemical certainly didn't have that much of a hold on me, right?

I went cold turkey, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Shakes, sweats, couldn't stop throwing up, couldn't eat, insomnia. I was even sent home from work because I was such a nightmare I was scaring everyone. I kept getting asked if I needed my methodone. Ten days later, I was in the ER with an emergency appendectomy, and I'm convinced it was the shock of the withdrawal.

I was off aspartame completely, finally, and spent the next six months drinking hot tea with some sugar. Calorie-phobe that I am, I switched to Splenda when I found that Diet Coke came sweetened with that instead. It wasn't even that good, but it was something! I quickly found myself unable to live without that either, and kept cutting down until finally deciding it was worth replacing with straight Coke, sugar and all, to get off the chemicals.

I gained 20 pounds in 3 weeks with one, sometimes two, 32 oz Cokes or Lipton Raspberry iced teas a day, but was off the artificial sweeteners. So now, freaked out at being fat(ter), I've stopped that and am drinking just tea, water, and InnerLight Supergreens. No sweeteners of any kind.

I know that water is totally boring, but it's worth ditching the aspartame. It's liquid evil for your body. What's helped me out the last month is not having ANY sweetened anything to drink: no teaspoon of sugar, no stevia, no nothing. Once you get your taste buds adapted to NOT expecting sweetness, empty or not, they really will do fine. It's just going to take longer for you because you're artificial sweetener-adapted, and therefore your taste buds are like 75 yr old, 3 pack a day smokers trying to get by with a little piece of Nicorette. All these people have adapted and are fine with waters and teas, you will be too (eventually).

What I've got going is a jug of fridge-tea, with some big black caffeine-free bags, and a couple of green tea + raspberry/goji fruit bags tossed in for some flavor.

And yes, I've been drinking it out of a large McDonald's cup with a straw, just to make my mind feel better. Somehow, that helps.
    Suffer well.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I drink water and tea (hot and iced). My favorites are jasmine green tea and chamomile tea. chinamist.com has organic teas that are wonderful--I especially like to brew the chamomile tea for iced tea. No caffeine, no added sugar, but it still tastes sweet.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast