Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Drink? page 2

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't do it much anymore as I am in need of a new slow cooker ... but I used to chop up ginger root and throw it in the slow cooker for a day with perhaps a stick of cinnamon.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha, tea, water kefir, coconut water. Don't think you don't like one until you try lots of flavors, styles, etc. Making your own is sooo much cheaper too!

My favorites:
    Kombucha - hibiscus, lemon ginger
    Tea - most oolongs, kukicha green (though I enjoy so many more), chai
    Water kefir - lemon
    Coconut water - Amy and Brian's

You can get a kombucha scoby and kefir grains, plus instructions at Cultures for Health: Yogurt Starter, Sourdough Starter, Kombucha, Kefir Grains, Cheese Making and more | Supplies for a Real Food Lifestyle. Regarding tea, you would probably prefer black tea for stronger flavor. It does have caffeine but the amount depends on the type. Golden Needles has less than something like Earl Grey (not one I like.)

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Water works for me 90% of the time...but I love my red wine and an occasional nip of islay scotch.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

mtnbikemama is offline Junior Member
    Fresh squeezed bacon.

Seriously I would.

Have you tried almond milk- the new half coconut half almond unsweetened one? Yum! I like unsweetened vanilla almond as well.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Flavor Cubes~ | foodfantabulous

easy to make fresh fruit 'flavor' cubes and natural fruit water! I use any and every fruit to make the cubes then I make flavored waters in a giant gallon jar to pour over the cubes! The fruit 'juice' last for a few days. right now we have strawberry-pineapple in the fridge.

rhiarti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Water is boring... come on people, don't pretend it isn't. I can totally drink water all day long... but not with a meal. I simply cannot drink water with a meal, I just gotta have something with flavour.
    Sounds like you need tastier meals!

Seriously, though, I'm afraid I do love water. Just plain water. Absolutely my drink of choice... has been ever since I was a little girl. No idea why, but threads like this, and living with another soft drinks addict, make me very glad it's the case!

Pukka do some actually tasty herb teas. Another one you might try is the Teapigs range - especially mint and liquorice, which is utterly delicious.

If you find any way to break the addiction (and, from what I've seen, there's really no other word for it), I'd love to know!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Paleo eating has been a pinch for me. I've lost over 100 lbs and have kept it off (although I have wavered up and down a bit during on-wagon and off-wagon (cough cough Christmastime) moments.

Anywho...

The one demon that i have continued to fight is diet soda. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't even drink alcohol. Besides the diet soda my body is pure as driven snow.

Water is boring... come on people, don't pretend it isn't. I can totally drink water all day long... but not with a meal. I simply cannot drink water with a meal, I just gotta have something with flavour.

When I was fat me (300+lbs) I drank my weight in Mt. Dew.
    Then for most of my paleo life I drank Diet Mt. Dew (my one vice, but it has it's consequences, of course.)
    As for the last month and a half I've been on Diet Caffeine Free Mt. Dew.

I have given up caffeine completely and I am 10000x better for it. Better sleeping habits. Less cravings. Better moods. Less depression. To each his own but to me caffeine was a destructive, addictive drug of pure hell.

Baby steps, they say...

That's why I do the caffeine free diet mt. dew... which isn't good in any way shape or form but it's a bridge toward something better. Quitting soda involves a strong addiction to the fake sugar as well as the caffeine. Now that i'm off the caffeine that leaves only one demon to battle.

If I am ever to rid myself of this demon I must replace it with something. They say nobody can really get ride of addiction, only replace it. I can easily drink water all day long... but I need something with some sort of flavor to have at lunch and dinner.

So what do you drink...?

I personally hate lemons and adding a "drop" of something to water isn't adding flavour. I don't drink coffee (decaf or not), and I am extremely lactose intolerant so heavy cream is a total no go. Also I hate alcohol.

What about Orange juice... like that Simply Orange stuff... is that any good (as is healthy)...
    I drink the runny egg yolks that are left on my plate.

but you should make smoothies from coconit milk and fruit or something
    Billie trips balls

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I didn't drink much red wine but it was playing havoc with my blood sugar so I quit drinking it in January. When I went organic in March I gave up Diet Pepsi. Horrible headaches for a fortnight !

I picked up the bottled water habit in France as a teenager, where everyone drinks bottled mineral water with meals. Fruit juices are full of fructose, juice drinks have fructose or HFCS (glucose-fructose syrup here) and instant coffee is processed.

So herb teas, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal tea (#1 tea in India), Earl Grey and above all..

EVIAN

TheArcaneOne is offline Junior Member
    I understand where you're coming from thehallowprince. I used to be a soda addict myself. I managed to give it up before I found living Primal though. This was a few years ago. Basically whenever I wanted a soda I would drink juice instead. I know now that I was just replacing one sugary drink for another though.

My drink of choice was usually some sort of V8 fruit juice. The trick is to make the switch slowly. Every day try and drink a little less juice/soda and a little more water. I've got to the point that I drink water all the time and rarely anything else and it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. I genuinely like water now and when I'm thirsty it's my go to drink. If someone had told me that I'd like water as mush as I do a few years ago I would have laughed at them, I used to hate it.

I do drink some tea sometimes too. I'm not too worried about caffeine though. You could try peppermint tea, it has no caffeine.

Don't know if this will help you any but I wish you luck in quitting soda. Also congrats on the huge weight loss.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Water. I also drink some crystal light as a treat.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast