Thread: Injuries from not wearing vibrams? page

Question Injuries from not wearing vibrams?

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I've been on holidays for the last week and was planning on bringing my vibrams with me. I ended up forgetting them and wasnt able to find a new pair until today. I've been wearing flats and flip flops the whole week, and going barefoot when I could (on family acreages). Today I went to the west Edmonton mall and was there for about 6 hours. About 4 hours in, my ankle started to hurt. By the time I got back to where we are staying, my ankle is swollen. Could this be caused from all the walking having to use shoes other than my vibrams?

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Didn't realize you were from Edmonton too.
    If not in barefoot shoes I make sure what I am wearing is 0 lift but I also make sure that when I walk I engage my toes...it really helps.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

I'm not from Edmonton, but I have family in st Albert, so it was our last stop. Heading back to mj in 7 hours, but figured west Ed was a must. The flip flops I had were about 1/2 inch thick, and the flats were about 1/8- 1/4 inch for the sole. I figured my feet would be sore from not wearing my vibrams, but I'm not sure if the swollen ankle would be from not wearing them/ wearing shoes with bigger soles.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Bigger padding on a shoe has always caused me problems even before I went to my merrels so yea I think it could be a factor.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Hmm... I've never had that problem before, but I guess for the most part I've been going barefoot for this whole vacation. Just surprises me that in the 8 or so hours I've been walking today, it would have an effect like that. Thanks for that though!

rhiarti is offline Member
    I tend to take flip flops with me when I walk barefoot as a quick and easy thing to slip on my feet if the ground gets too ouchy, but for longer walking they've given me random pain in the past. Whatever it was, I hope it eases up soon!

(What's Edmonton like to live in, by the way? One of the few companies we'd move abroad for is based there!)

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks! The family I've been staying with have been giving me Voltaren to use, and it's helping a little. Def reinforces using my vibrams all the time haha

As for living in Edmonton, I've never lived here but I've gone on vacation here lots. Personally, it's too big for me (I'm from a town of 40,000) but its a beautiful city. Dirlot could tell you way more though.