Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What's your "style" of eating? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

What's your "style" of eating?

Shop Now
    New poll created, go vote, please! poll is here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60721.html

I tried to create the poll, but had too many characters- will try again!
    Last edited by Rasputina; 07-10-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    The thing is, I think that paleo/primal is a jumping off point which gets a person started but from there each individual has to learn to listen to their body and adjust accordingly. I would say I'm low-carb/paleo but very limited fructose/starch, not quite FODMAPS, as I can eat some, but not sugar alcohols. Then there are some people who do GAPS or SCD as well.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I IF between breakfast and dinner.....

We eat meat and veggies, with ghee the primay fat, and chocolate/cream/fruit the primary dessert/snack.

Banned: PUFAs, wheat, legumes, processed foods
    Minimal: sugar, other cereals, potatoes
    Open season: meat, veggies, fruit, ghee/cream/butter
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    You forgot the poll....

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I tried to create the poll, but had too many characters!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    As many know, I'm a once-a-day eater currently. Warrior Diet-esque I guess, except I shun the snacks of veggies and nuts advocated by the Warrior Diet and keep all of my calories in a single meal at the end of the day.

And boy... Do I sleep well on this plan. All that fat being processed makes me sleepy.

Even despite the fact that I have an abusive relationship with caffeine primarily from copious amounts of yerba mate and tea.

Speaking of sleeping well... *zoning out now*

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I came to Primal via low carb and going organic so I don't try and make coconut macaroons for example. I get confused a bit here because I'm sure Grok wasn't baking dinosaur chip cookies..

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Real food almost all the time. At home it is real/organic food. Even if its a Sunday and we're watching football. All the game snacks will be made from real stuff. I may make fresh salsa and have chips but they will be organic. 95% of the time its meat veggies though. If I go out I go more for meat and salad/veggies too. I occasionally have pizza or a good hoagie as I'm from Philly and life is too short not to enjoy these things. It doesn't affect me adversely and I'm right back to eating real food.

So I've all but eliminated grains, processed foods and that is what is important. We live in a world where we are inundated with these things and it can easily lead to neurotic behavior if we obsess over every damned thing we eat. I'm way past that stage and it so works for me. I enjoy everything I eat! The good thing is that more than 90% of it is real food. The reason so many are ill around us isn't because of the occasional slice or two of pizza, or a sandwich one or twice a month. Its because of the massive over consumption of such things. Its because they rarely eat anything real. How could anyone expect to be really healthy living that way?
    Last edited by Forever Young; 07-10-2012 at 05:05 AM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    What's the question??

My "style" of eating is to either eat with the TV on or to sit on the couch and eat with the computer or a book. I can often be seen surrounded by clutter and struggling to find a place to put my cup or my plate. I usually have to fight off at least one parrot to have a meal and almost never can I just sit down to eat without having to pop up to take care of something. And I'm really good at wearing white pants on the day we make something with tomato sauce.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    And to add to, I think I may go plant free for at least a few days. I backslid into starch land for a week or two and am feeling the effects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast