Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems feeling satisfied after a meal (several) page

Kylex286 is offline Member

Problems feeling satisfied after a meal (several)

Shop Now
    How are you,
    so I'm a little new to these threads, but there has been a question on my mind for a few months now. I started the primal lifestyle about seven months ago, I am not going to go into my whole story, but what I will say that after about 6 months I noticed that food was no longer satisfying my hunger, even after eating 1.5 pounds of beef and 4 eggs I wood still be hungry and feel as if I could continue eating. Now, it's not the big of a deal; the amount of food that I eat for my single meal of the day (yes I have tried eating 2 to 3 meals a day to see the difference) keeps me going with more than enough energy. I am just wondering if any one else had this similar kind of thing happen to them, and if so, how did you solve the feeling of dis-satisfaction?

Thanks

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating enough vegetables? If all your eating is the beef and eggs, you're missing many nutrients.

Yes I am, I eat a good amount of broccoli, and usually mix in other vegetables when I cook. I eat fish probably once or twice a week as chicken. Thinking about it, I probably could eat more veggies than I do, butto answer the question i do eat a good amount of them already.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Well, it DOES take your body about twenty minutes to realize it is full which is why chewing completely and eating slowly can be beneficial in not overeating.

I sometimes feel the same way you do, but then I just sit for a few minutes and it eventually catches up with me.

I eat pretty much the same way you do myself. I eat once a day, usually dinner. Today's meal was... One pound of grass-fed ground beef, over a five-egg omlette, both the omlette and the ground beef seasoned with basil, oregano, garlic powder, and a little bit of chipotle powder. Veggies that were cooked along with the beef were 1/2 cup of broccoli and one very large jalapeno diced for flavor. Additional verggie was one cup of sauerkrat.

I'm not bragging by telling you this, but letting you know that other people do eat very similarly and have the same experience as you do. You might be much larger than I am though, so that could effect how much you need to be eating and what your diet should look like. Usually, it's best to trust your body's own signals.

I say, finish your meal, wait thrity minutes (so the signal of fullness can be achieved), and if you're still hungry, fuck it, there's probably a reason you are.

(Note: If you have any history of eating disorders AT ALL, I do not recomend eating only once a day, and it could easily explain your situation.)

ellacofino is offline Junior Member
    Yes i strongly agree. Eating vegetables is very important. Eating only meats will make you crash, can make you feel weak. Vegetables has plenty nutrients and vitamins that is helpful on your diet.

Mm, well I'm about 5;7ish and 160lbs, at least last time I check about 1.5 months ago. usually, even after finishing, and waiting 3 minutes, I just have the of, how can I explain it, not hungry, but not full, kind of like eating air... If that makes any sense.
    Usually, I eat around noon, about a pound to a pound in a half of beef, 4 eggs and lightly buttered broccoli. But the veggies change with whatever I have at the time. Some times I will go and get a chicken from our whole foods here, and even after eating one of their chickens I supplement with a little chocolate or something like that to feel as if I hadn't just eaten a hold bunch of air...

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Three minutes? That's not enough time to let your body adjust to feeling full man. Give it at LEAST thirty minutes first, and then decide if you need more.

Fat satiates very well, so it also might be a matter of whether or not you are getting the right amount of fat for your own personal dietary needs.

Sorry meant 30. Mk, the second thing you said makes a lot of sense, i do try to shy a way from things that have too much fat so that's a possibility.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    maybe you need more fat? Did you read the blog post today regarding protein intake? Some people dont do well with excessive protein and it can cause more cravings...sort of. The chocolate is probably high in fat to help satiate you. Also, if you are female (?), I have endless hunger feelings often in the week before my period.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a deficiency of some kind. Whether it's total calories or not is hard to know.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast