Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy carb cravings ! Help! page 2

Jorjor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Eating more fat is not an answer I would accept. Neither is slow down your pace. By giving this kind of advice, you're telling the OP that they will just have to perform suboptimally eating this way. Isn't the whole point about this lifestyle to improve health and perform optimally?

The Primal Blueprint is not a low carb diet. It is not a high fat diet. It never has been and it never will be. It's a diet that suits individual needs. If you want to weight train and run long distances, don't cut back on carbs. You can't or you will suffer in terms of performance AND recovery. Just make healthy carb choices - potatoes, bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, oranges, melon, parsnips, plantains, hell even white rice is okay in moderate quantities (there's no nutrition so don't make it a staple but it's harmless in terms of anti-nutrients and toxins). The Primal Blueprint is a low-toxin diet, and in your case, you should be adopting a moderate fat, moderate protein, higher carbohydrate plan.

I would recommend you eat something along the lines of:

40%/30%/30% calories from fat/protein/carbs on days you rest.
    25%/30%/45% calories from fat/protein/carbs on days you're training.

The idea is to avoid toxic food, not carbs. Embrace them. They are healthy. Just adjust the carb load to suit your training.

Also, you did not "gain 7 lbs." You went from glycogen depleted to glycogen replete. It's all water and glycogen storage. I can shift my weight 15 lbs in one week by adjusting carb-load and training intensity. It's all water and muscle glycogen. The reason why you had the worst carb craving of your life is you were literally killing yourself doing all that training on no carb storage. You felt horrible because your body was breaking down muscle and connective tissue into glucose to feed your starving body. Embrace the mighty sweet potato, my friend.
    your always spot on

alara is offline Junior Member
    Actually, I am craving carbs, not crab....am allergic to crab and would blow up like a toad if I ate it!

Thanks for the info, great points! This makes me feel better.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12