Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal (Inksplat) page 3

Inksplat is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Alright, so, after a few days of frustration, and one more day of bad eating, I've decided to start a Whole30.

3 meals a day and dropping dairy in addition to everything else I've cut out, and no more weighing for the rest of the month.

I don't know what in the hell went wrong, but as of this morning I weighed 314.6. Which just makes no sense. I mean, day before yesterday (yesterday being a day of pizza), I was 312.8, but still. For almost a week, my weight just bounced up and down, which really doesn't seem possible, and isn't like anything I've ever experienced before when dieting. I never plateau in week two or three!

Only thing I can figure is that the fasting just seriously was not working for me, and despite eating sub-2000 calories a day, my body was just laughing at me and storing it all away. Even though I somehow wasn't low on energy or anything.

I don't know. I'm seriously confused.

Anyway, the plan is to just go ahead and jump into the Whole30 and see what happens. 3 meals a day, no dairy, no weighing.

And, try and teach myself to like vegetables. That's probably going to be the hardest part, ha.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inksplat View Post
    the plan is to just go ahead and jump into the Whole30 and see what happens. 3 meals a day, no dairy, no weighing.

And, try and teach myself to like vegetables. That's probably going to be the hardest part, ha.
    Sounds like a great plan at this stage, especially the no weighing. Maybe give IF a go after the Whole30, once you're body is ready again.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Inksplat is offline Member
    So, yesterday, Day 1 went pretty well.

3-egg Scramble + Mushrooms, Asparagus + few slices of avocado on the side for breakfast.
    Big spring mix salad + chicken and avocado, topped with a delicious Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette that I made for lunch.
    Sirloin Steak + half a sweet potato with a tiiiiny bit of roasted cauliflower on the side (it wasn't ready in time for dinner, and I was stuffed by the time I was done).

I did weigh myself this morning, which was I mistake, ha. I really just sort of wanted an actual starting point, since the two days prior had been bad. Unfortunately I went up another 2 pounds to 317. Buuut I'm not going to let myself freak out. I'm eating healthy, and once my body gets used to the 3 meals a day again, hopefully it'll all get better.

Was checking out Nerd Fitness last night too. I wish the books weren't so expensive, because there are some pretty amazing success stories over there. But, not up for spending $80 on books when I can just spend some time doing research.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Inksplat!

Nuthin' nuthin' here, just wanted to say hello! I just pulled in a notch on my belt, and you probably are doing well Primally as well. Hope all is good!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123