Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Heavy" Stomach? page 2

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

^^Very nice. I'll have to try that! That sounds great. What kind of broth or just any kind?

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Fury22: Whatever would go best with the meat. Chix broth with chix, beef broth with beef, veggie broth with anything, etc.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TheUnrulyHound is offline Junior Member

Hi Kennelmom!!! (the one who told me I needed to eat more fat first hahaha!)

I was pretty miserable last night and still kindof miserable this morning... I also feel like I am sick (a sign of my body switching over or common allergies for the season???)

Anyhow I do not think I will eat this morning and let my stomach settle

Thanks for the dressing ideas! Unfortunatly I do not like yogurt (never have) and for some reason avocados really mess up my system with diarrhea. Bananas, watermelon and cantalope (and similar melons) all make my throat itch like crazy when I eat them so I think I must be allergic.

Sourcream and salsa on the other hand I LOVE them!

Thanks for the tips, I will try to simplify my meals today and see how I feel. And not eat fruits at the same time as protein? is that a rule I have not heard of?

Holly and the Greyhounds-Cabby, Bully, Nelson, Stepper, Streamer and Fiona
    Adopt a greyhound! www.GALTx.com An ancient (Primal?) Breed

Griff is offline Senior Member

Eating fruit is going to spike your blood sugar and create an insulin response. Try to eat fruit maybe once or twice a week, and in small amounts (berries, not apples or bananas or oranges). The more insulin you have, the more likely it is that you'll store fat instead of burning it (because glucose is converted to fat in the liver and stored in the fat cells).

And like everyone else said: Increase your fats. Try to make fat about 60-70% of your daily caloric intake.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

jennf is offline Senior Member

Hi Unruly, Meandmy from GT here Just wanted to say welcome and EAT MORE FAT :P

Hi Jennf!!! nice to see another fellow GTer here

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member

Hi Unruly, I'm here too!!

(To clarify the no-doubt mystified PBers, Primal has recently taken a portion of the greyhound community by storm, I'm really quite in awe!)

Suse is offline Senior Member

Hi

I just wanted to comment on the banana's etc making your throat itch. I dont eat fruit, but when i was younger the only one i did eat was bananas, but I got an itchy throat so stopped eating them. Just recently I had a fried banana on top of my chicken salad and no problem at all. Not only that, it was delish. Probably chocka full of sugar, but I cant give up everything just yet, I havent really even started primal full bore yet.

Suzan is offline Senior Member

Avoid Tilapia, as it's farm-raised in terrible conditions and fed corn. It's high in omega 6 fatty acids. When you buy fish, look for "wild-caught" types, like Alaska wild salmon, cod, etc.

Eat more fat. Moderate fruit intake. Be patient, and give your body some time to get used to this way of eating. It will adjust.

Thanks Suzan, when I went on my first Primal shopping spree I had not really read much on the fish farmed/wild issue yet. Unfortunately I went on my spree at Sams Club so I have quite a bit of that tilapia to finish off

Suse, I may try bananas sometime.. but I have gone years without them and honestly like alot of other berries and fruit much better. I wish watermelon was my friend though

Hey PrairieProf!!! boy GT is taking over huh? good the see you here, I am enjoying looking around and learning alot.

I spoke with someone who mentioned that perhaps my stomach was not creating enough acid to digest my food (that it is not used to quite yet) and I think that may be the answer. It is like the opposite of heartburn, but feels similar. luckily it has gotten better the last 1.5 days so maybe I am adjusting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12