Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival Week 7/6/09 page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Ok Survivors, are you ready!?

This is our first Survival Week. Everyone is welcome to join in.

Rules:

1) Low carb. Let's try to keep them under 50.

2) 2 meals per day. Your choice which meal to IF. Also, you may IF more than one meal if you choose.

One thing I tend to do on my Survival Week is not buy groceries, so that I'm forced to survive on whatever food is in the house, and *only* whatever food is in the house. Everyone ok with making this a rule for the next survival week? (It also helps clean out the stuff that never seems to get used.)

Good Luck, Surivors! You can do it!

What a way to start Survival Week, with an upset tummy. So...

B: IF

L: Planning a pork chop w/ spinach- if I trust my guts to behave at work. Otherwise, IF-ing again.

D: Eggs and what's left of the blueberries from the weekend- about a handful.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I actually did my first official IF yesterday, from dinner on Saturday to lunch on Sunday (17 hours). And I'm doing another one now, not eating until lunch today (16 hours), so I might as well join in and do it all week!

L: Leftover chicken lettuce wraps, HB eggs

D: Beef stir fry with broccoli and mushrooms

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Miriam Guest

L: 2 eggs and left over chicken, fennel and walnut stirfry, though had a few hours apart as started to eat eggs for lunch and then got interrupted with work so didnít have the chicken left overs until later Ė so does that count as two meals or one?

D: Steak with broccoli and pak choy with lots of butter and wakame and sesame seeds sprinkled on top.

Yay! Here we go. Me and IF don't get along so well because of my workouts. So, to add a degree of "survival" to the mix, I am not going to have any dairy this week. Not, a. single. slice. or. shred. I also like the idea of not grocery shopping!

B: 2 egg omelet with broccoli, 2 pieces of bacon, COFFEE

L: Salad with tuna, no dressing

D: Chicken on the grill with broccoli

S: if I need it, a pouch of tuna and protein shake before bed

Workout: 30 min cardio, 30 min strength training, then off to see my trainer later today for shoulders, tris, and bis.

Total carbs (according to Fitday: 47.3)

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Good morning!

I need to plan out my day I guess, and make sure it's under 50g of carbs. Already IFing breakfast because yesterday I had this crazy-huge bowl of berries and whipped cream after dinner. haha.

Also, if anyone gets a chance, can you please look at my last blog entry and weigh in on my weigh-in? I'm just a little confused.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Lookin' good guys!

I'm crazy hungry this morning. Usually when I IF it's smooth sailing. Digestion is feeling better so I'm really looking forward to lunch.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Got started a little early on Sunday...

AM workout: 7 mile run

L: broccoli, cauliflower, homemade guacamole

D: Rotisserie chicken, broccoli, cauliflower

Unsure of total carbs but most likely about 40g.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Here's my plan for the day. It's 47g of carbs according to SparkPeople.

L: 3 pieces breakfast sausage, 2 deviled eggs. (Might have more than 2 deviled eggs if I'm still hungry but it'll probably be fine)

D: chicken breast, squash, asparagus

"Dessert": an apple w/2T almond butter

might switch out the apples for some berries though... we'll see what i feel like. haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Sweet! But no grocery shopping means a tuna/ crab/ shrimp/ fish, eggs & veggies week! Helllllloooo mercury poisoning! ;-)

Today (I just rolled into town after vacation and had little sleep and preparation time):

L: Vanilla Whey Protein Shake w/ two raw eggs & coconut Oil (with the following supplements: A liquid vitamin/mineral, Enriching Greens & Fish Oil capsule).

D: Fish w/ veggies & Red Romaine Salad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast