Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods?

Hybrid View

Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods?

I've seen on this board where some people have said they don't even go on the nutrition boards anymore.

I think I'm starting to get why that is.

I mean even when I first started on the primal blueprint it generally irked me how much focus some folk put on coming up with recipes that *replaced* certain conventional foods. Like cookies made with almond meal and honey instead of flour and sugar. Crap like that.

But I never soapboxed on it because I know that glitch is mostly my all or nothing mentality. I wasn't looking for cookie substitutes I was looking for new fruit to enjoy, or just a handful of whole nut meats. I wasn't looking for ways to trick myself into thinking my cauliflower was actually mashed potatoes (or pizza crust). I was dumping a vampire death dose of garlic in with my cauliflower and roasting the snap out of it to serve with seared ribeye.

Now apparently everyone is cued up for Paleobread.

And at this point I'm just done. IMO hanging onto substitutes for my old WoE is just self defeating. Perhaps that's just my glitch, but I don't get it. I'm also not a *what would grok do?* prophet, but after looking at the supposed ingredients going into paleobread I'd lay even money on him using it as insulation or weatherproofing for the cave sooner than gnawing on the stuff.

On the other hand, I guess we can say we've officially *made it* now that there's enough of us to qualify as somebody's target demographic or market niche.

Well I guess we are similarly glitchy, then. I don't paleo-bake because it's expensive. If I'm going to bother with something sweet and/or bad for me, I eat the "real thing". It's cheaper and the suffering I get as a result helps reinforce the fear of doing it again. I guess I am more afraid of this becoming "dietized" more than it already has, with brands and products, instead of just as many amazing books as we can find, explaining more than most doctors can about "how we work" and how to properly fuel oneself.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    IMO hanging onto substitutes for my old WoE is just self defeating.
    i'm with you 100% on this, and really have been since i went primal. i'll try a few of the recipes out there, but most i won't. i didn't just stop eating grains; i stopped eating bread. but some replacements are good in my book. take meatza...i didn't try meatza because it would replace pizza, but because the description of it made me drool.
    i suppose some of these could be helpful in the transition to primal/paleo, but i'm happier with meat and veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i'm with you 100% on this, and really have been since i went primal. i'll try a few of the recipes out there, but most i won't. i didn't just stop eating grains; i stopped eating bread. but some replacements are good in my book. take meatza...i didn't try meatza because it would replace pizza, but because the description of it made me drool.
    i suppose some of these could be helpful in the transition to primal/paleo, but i'm happier with meat and veggies.
    Meatza I did try. And it was good but stupid heavy. I never went back to it.

@Chaohinon - Faileo is my new favorite word.

@sbhikes - yeah, actually a lot of the stuff that irks me actually pops up on the recipes board rather than the nutrition board, just happens my current peeve got posted on nutrition. As to don't read what doesn't interest me - meh - generally I don't, but in the same way trainwrecks are interesting a thread with paleobread in the title is going to catch my eye. And when I have the inevitable reaction sometimes I like to pop up and see if it's just me or if others had a wtf moment over it.

Question everything. Sacred cows? Kick, then question.

Cauliflower-crust pizza just sounds godawful. Wonder how that one will fly in Rome? Probably out the window.

Btw, great rant Brahnamin, I totally get what you're saying.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    Cauliflower-crust pizza just sounds godawful. Wonder how that one will fly in Rome? Probably out the window.
    Much like most other Americanized pizza I would assume.

You know what I tire of? This thread, and others just like it that have come before turning into a paleoer-than-thou circle jerk. It always read like vegans bashing vegetarians for not being hardcore enough. I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    You know what I tire of? This thread, and others just like it that have come before turning into a paleoer-than-thou circle jerk.
    Yeah. Because that's what it was meant to be.

/eye-roll

canio6 Guest
    I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.
    While I do not mind threads like this one, this here is one of the best lines I have read in a while.

Much like most other Americanized pizza I would assume.

You know what I tire of? This thread, and others just like it that have come before turning into a paleoer-than-thou circle jerk. It always read like vegans bashing vegetarians for not being hardcore enough. I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.
    "Paleoer-than-thou circle jerk" and "I don't give a grassfed fuck". LOL!!! Too funny. You gotta get these into Urban Dictionary asap. Anyway, I concur wholeheartedly and feel that many others out there have the same sentiment.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.
    I kind of love you.