Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 7

Bioletti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Why can't someone just have a good old complaint and have other people commiserate WITHOUT people coming in and being a jerk about hidden agendas? Everybody's gotta have the last word.
    +1. IMHO, The age-old art of satire has been turned into a crime due to political correctness. As the OP stated, it's only about curiosity and amusement or stating the obvious and looking for deeper understanding from all the replies.

I always wonder how long Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde, if they were alive today, would last on many forums on the internet before a moderator kicked them out or put them on probation? I'm positive though that Winston Churchill's life span would be less than a half hour.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    My issue is not with how people eat or not eat. My issue is with someone trying to say something and basically being told to shut up and that they're wrong. This thread was started as the OP stating their preference, not trying to stop anyone from doing anything, and then a bunch of people came in and told him it's wrong for him to disagree or feel the way he feels.

So that is why people suck. Or how I see it, anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    I always wonder how long Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde, if they were alive today, would last on many forums on the internet before a moderator kicked them out or put them on probation? I'm positive though that Winston Churchill's life span would be less than a half hour.
    Please make a mockumentary about this. Please.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I don't mind the paleo foods... but I am SICK of that iodine thread!!! Will it never end?! How long can they talk about a mineral FOR?!!
    Well they had to talk about something after Jack (finally) dragged the Leptin thread over to his own forum.

I forgot about the Leptin reset thread! I ignored it so much, I didn't even notice it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    I humbly second the motion that this be made into a mockumentary.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    *shrUg*

If you say so. Me, I have kinda always viewed the Odds & Ends folder as a bit tongue-in-cheek from the start and that's how I take the bulk of the threads I read here - including my own. My starting point with this thread wasn't intended to be condescending so much as a question posed in mildly amused confusion.

I really don't get why people jump into something like primal or paleo and then try to force fit it into something that looks closer to what they grew up on. That's just me. At that point what's the point in wearing the label in the first place? But as has been said, to each their own, I can have that viewpoint without being condescending to those who do not even if you can't hear that viewpoint without assuming condescention.

I can also be weary as hell of seeing things like paleobread derail potential newcomers to this lifestyle.

As I can view it as a total wtf? in general, because for me the beauty of the Primal BP was always its simplicity and yeah, I kinda do find it silly when people choose to complicate things needlessly. And I leave them to it. And come over here to see if anyone else is of a similar opinion to my own or if maybe I *am* just playing the part of the vinegar based vaginal cleanser.

*shrUg*

If you find that condescending, fine.
    I don't have a problem with questioning the value of paleo fake food, it's legitimate up to the point it turns into "faileo people suck." Most people who stick with paleo will eventually give them up or see them as very rare treats. But for someone newly transitioning, especially if they come from a completely SAD diet the thought of "OMG, No bread ever again!" can be pretty scary. Some people are fine jumping head first into something and others are better suited taking baby steps or need weaning. And some people are so limited, even with paleo-approved foods, that the occasional fake food keeps them sane.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    I get frustrated when loose paleo eaters say lighten up and eat a cupcake and get frustrated at how close minded the rest of us are. But because of their closed mind, they overlook the fact that some people have allergies and intolerances and CAN'T eat anything that deviates from the protocal. They slap at it as being your religion if you follow it to a T. What they don't get is that some of us will burn in paleo hell if we "sin." ie digestion issues, autoimmune, and so on.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I forgot about the Leptin reset thread! I ignored it so much, I didn't even notice it was gone.
    Yeaaah. I participated a bit too much in that thread, at first because it tweaked my interest but after awhile just because Jack kept coming across as complete twat. At one point I flat out went jacksh!t all over Jack's sh!t (epic appeal to the goddess Formosa). Not terribly proud of that moment, though I found out sometime later that I had actually suffered a TIA (mini-stroke) that morning that was probably responsible for most of my frothing at the mouth, but 9 months later and firmly in my right mind I still think he's more self-involved sh!t than useful human being, so I've never bothered to tender an apology.
    Last edited by brahnamin; 07-10-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: because jack isn't spelled with a g

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    not trying to stop anyone from doing anything
    Yeah, I guess, but I'd hate to see people being discouraged from sharing their ideas. You know, the silly cauliflower mash stuff helped me stick to primal last winter. I rarely look at the recipes, but it seems like a lot of people get really excited about new ideas. Sometimes its just a way to think creatively about your food. I'm always looking for new sides, so I shredded zucchini. Now I want to add pesto to it. I didn't want to "replace pasta", I just wanted a new way of making zucchini so I didn't fall back on non primal sides I used to enjoy like grits.

I think a big thing about primal is that its meant to be for life, and if you enjoy being creative in the kitchen, a lifetime of steak and veggies can seem pretty dull. I'd hate to see people stop sharing that creativity just because some people just don't care or value it. It certainly is easy to enjoy the PB as a simple diet. But some people enjoy messing around in the kitchen and if making paleo bread is their thing, so be it.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast