Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 6

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    About people sucking, I guess =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Of course it was. You were condescending from the beginning. Not everyone comes to paleo/primal from the same place or with the same needs but a whole lot get turned off by the pompous self-righteousness of the type oozing from this thread.
    *shrUg*

If you say so. Me, I have kinda always viewed the Odds & Ends folder as a bit tongue-in-cheek from the start and that's how I take the bulk of the threads I read here - including my own. My starting point with this thread wasn't intended to be condescending so much as a question posed in mildly amused confusion.

I really don't get why people jump into something like primal or paleo and then try to force fit it into something that looks closer to what they grew up on. That's just me. At that point what's the point in wearing the label in the first place? But as has been said, to each their own, I can have that viewpoint without being condescending to those who do not even if you can't hear that viewpoint without assuming condescention.

I can also be weary as hell of seeing things like paleobread derail potential newcomers to this lifestyle.

As I can view it as a total wtf? in general, because for me the beauty of the Primal BP was always its simplicity and yeah, I kinda do find it silly when people choose to complicate things needlessly. And I leave them to it. And come over here to see if anyone else is of a similar opinion to my own or if maybe I *am* just playing the part of the vinegar based vaginal cleanser.

*shrUg*

If you find that condescending, fine.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    Cauliflower-crust pizza just sounds godawful.
    And liver sounds godawful to me. So there you go.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    About people sucking, I guess
    I don't think people suck for trying to make "paleo" treats.

I guess it would be cool if people all just put themselves in other people's shoes before bitching about them. Everyone here wants to get healthier. It's a lot easier to never buy crap food again and live off offal and spinach if you are single. But dang, if you have kids or a spouse or a family not on the same page. I can't imagine telling your 10 year old that they can have "spinach and egg cupcakes" for their birthday is fun. I imagine a cupcake recipe from almond flour - so you don't upset their systems and can still enjoy a tradition is a god send.

It's a diverse community; people will have diverse needs and approaches. Some mom getting excited over fake cupcakes doesn't make your primal weaker- it just means she has adapted it to suit her needs. It doesn't make you more or less primal. If topics on primal bread don't appeal to you, skip them. It seems like most people get that for weightloss, the primal treats aren't helpful.

If you want to exist on a diet of meat and leafy greens, do it. That's great- but realize there are people who eat and thrive eating a more diverse diet and that the occasional weird treat keeps them on the program.

Bioletti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Much like most other Americanized pizza I would assume.

You know what I tire of? This thread, and others just like it that have come before turning into a paleoer-than-thou circle jerk. It always read like vegans bashing vegetarians for not being hardcore enough. I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.
    "Paleoer-than-thou circle jerk" and "I don't give a grassfed fuck". LOL!!! Too funny. You gotta get these into Urban Dictionary asap. Anyway, I concur wholeheartedly and feel that many others out there have the same sentiment.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I guess it would be cool if people all just put themselves in other people's shoes before bitching about them.
    And you've done such a groovy job of that yourself, kwim?

Half the people who agree with the OP (and the OP himself, looks like) haven't said what they do or don't eat, but you got em all noshin on liver and leaves and hatin on watermellon.

I bet most of em don't care any more'n you do what other folks eat either. It's just a fun gripe about out of place shit in a diet that started out as somethin strait and tidy (waves at the ghost of Art). Funny almost no one commented on the paleobread the topic was supposed to be about. But doncha dare dis on my amond muffins. LOL
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I can't imagine telling your 10 year old that they can have "spinach and egg cupcakes" for their birthday is fun. I imagine a cupcake recipe from almond flour - so you don't upset their systems and can still enjoy a tradition is a god send.
    personally i think the fake cupcake is just as bad as the real one. I believe that most households that consider cupcakes a "treat" are eating them more than once a year for birthdays. As an adult, I just don't understand the concept of sweets as "reward". I really don't see why people need to have dessert. I'm just venting b/c i work with several people (ADULTS!) who DO see ice cream and cake and crap on a monthly basis as a right and i have to order the disgusting krap for them and it annoys me.

Of course, BITD when i was kid I ate a ton of dessert crap and somehow i lived. My favorite icing was Crisco + sugar + food coloring. I wonder how many transfats i was getting in every bite!

I just hate dessert. When i watched food shows, i would just turn the channel when it got to dessert b/c i have zero interest.

But i do look at the faileo recipes b/c i find it fascinatingly complicated and mysterious. Just like tofu hotdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    But i do look at the faileo recipes b/c i find it fascinatingly complicated and mysterious. Just like tofu hotdogs.
    Tofu dogs are teh ebil. They don't turn color or plump on a grill. They just mellllt into it. Like what would hapen if you put a plastic toy up there.
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Half the people who agree with the OP (and the OP himself, looks like) haven't said what they do or don't eat, but you got em all noshin on liver and leaves and hatin on watermellon.
    To be fair, the fruit police are less frequent these days.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I don't mind the paleo foods... but I am SICK of that iodine thread!!! Will it never end?! How long can they talk about a mineral FOR?!!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast