Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 5

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Yeah. Because that's what it was meant to be.

/eye-roll

Of course it was. You were condescending from the beginning. Not everyone comes to paleo/primal from the same place or with the same needs but a whole lot get turned off by the pompous self-righteousness of the type oozing from this thread.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.
    While I do not mind threads like this one, this here is one of the best lines I have read in a while.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    It always read like vegans bashing vegetarians for not being hardcore enough.
    I agree.... I feel like sometimes its a competition for who can have the most sadly limited diet. Like "awesome, you were able to deny yourself some watermelon at the 4th of July BBQ, here is a gold medal for eating a cup of coconut oil and some raw liver, you are the most paleoist of all".

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Why can't someone just have a good old complaint and have other people commiserate WITHOUT people coming in and being a jerk about hidden agendas? Everybody's gotta have the last word.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Why can't someone just have a good old complaint and have other people commiserate WITHOUT people coming in and being a jerk about hidden agendas? Everybody's gotta have the last word.
    Good point. I do all the time, though usually in my journal, which might explain why no one reads it. Hmmm...enlightenment.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think it encompasses those things though- as variety. The "approved foods" list isn't greens, meat, and coconut oil. It includes chicken, fruit and broccoli. And some dairy. So is it so bad to after eating bacon and eggs for weeks- to go to the list and have a smoothie for variety? Or if you want a lighter meal, have some chicken breast? Or eat chicken breast with some avocado?

I get that every meal should not be lean meat and steamed veggies and fruit- but they do fit in well, especially for people who need variety. They are good whole foods, low in toxins.
    I eat smoothies and steamed veggies and lean meat often, too. Steamed veggies and lean meat more than smoothies. I totally think all the attention paid to yogurt is the result of the marketing genius of the Dannon company, though.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    While I do not mind threads like this one, this here is one of the best lines I have read in a while.
    I flame to please.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good point. I do all the time, though usually in my journal, which might explain why no one reads it. Hmmm...enlightenment.
    So your harem is no one? [[cries]]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

So your harem is no one? [[cries]]
    Not at all. They just surpass mere personhood more goddess-like really.

Commiserate about what? What other people are eating?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast