Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tired of hearing about the latest paleo frankenfoods? page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think to each his own. Baking can be really fun and I miss it (though I don't bother with paleo baking- expensive and I assume will end up disappointing me). I can see wanting to make cupcakes with the kids that don't make them crazy and use foods that don't make you feel like shit. But they are treats. If you spend a lot of time making and eating them, and wonder why you aren't losing weight....

I just ignore them. I found my own treats, LOL. And hell, I'd rather just splurge on ice cream for a treat then some rock like cookie that cost me $20 in ingredients to make.

I do find it equally disturbing to see the number of people who fail to eat from the whole spectrum of primal foods. Like- if you are tired of beef and spinach, you CAN eat a sweet potato, a fruit smoothie or any number of really delicious primal foods to change things up a bit.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    primal means greek yogurt, fruit smoothies, chicken breast and broccoli
    I think it encompasses those things though- as variety. The "approved foods" list isn't greens, meat, and coconut oil. It includes chicken, fruit and broccoli. And some dairy. So is it so bad to after eating bacon and eggs for weeks- to go to the list and have a smoothie for variety? Or if you want a lighter meal, have some chicken breast? Or eat chicken breast with some avocado?

I get that every meal should not be lean meat and steamed veggies and fruit- but they do fit in well, especially for people who need variety. They are good whole foods, low in toxins.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    IBut they are treats.
    Oh, totally! I'm not saying that "I'm eating paleo banana bread for breakfast every day, and yet I'm not losing weight, woe is me!!!!!!!!!" And I'm not about to make my own ice cream. But every once in a while (which is not defined as "every day" or even "every week"), if I have the urge for a baked good, I like knowing that I can bake something without using flour from grains.

And seriously, cauliflower-crust pizza makes me happy.

I will say this: primal/paleo has ruined my enjoyment of Chinese food. Now if I don't make my own stir fry (using coconut aminos), then I don't enjoy it. WOE IS ME!!!

icz
    icz is offline Member
    Yes. If someone doesn't do primal the way I do it, then they are wrong and silly!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    And seriously, cauliflower-crust pizza makes me happy.
    Indeed. Too much of a hassle to make more than once in a blue moon, but I find it quite tasty. Especially considering that cheating with 'real' pizza isn't an option for me. I may just have to make some when I go back on the veg.

Bioletti is offline Member
    Cauliflower-crust pizza just sounds godawful. Wonder how that one will fly in Rome? Probably out the window.

Btw, great rant Brahnamin, I totally get what you're saying.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    IMO hanging onto substitutes for my old WoE is just self defeating. Perhaps that's just my glitch, but I don't get it. I'm also not a *what would grok do?* prophet, but after looking at the supposed ingredients going into paleobread I'd lay even money on him using it as insulation or weatherproofing for the cave sooner than gnawing on the stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder
    I guess I am more afraid of this becoming "dietized" more than it already has, with brands and products, instead of just as many amazing books as we can find, explaining more than most doctors can about "how we work" and how to properly fuel oneself.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob
    i'll try a few of the recipes out there, but most i won't. i didn't just stop eating grains; i stopped eating bread. but some replacements are good in my book. take meatza...i didn't try meatza because it would replace pizza, but because the description of it made me drool.
    i suppose some of these could be helpful in the transition to primal/paleo, but i'm happier with meat and veggies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies
    It makes me a little sad when I see people who can't reach their goals keep such a focus on the pseudo-paleo foods. If it really is a rare indulgence, personally I would just as soon have the real thing.

That being said, I couldn't actually care less what other people choose to eat.
    Agree with you guys 100%.

I don't actually care what other people eat, but it does have me scratching my head sometimes. I agree, if someone is complaining that they aren't seeing progress (feeling better, losing weight, etc), I just shrug and move on. To each their own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon
    Faileo
    Love it!
    Last edited by Metric; 07-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    Cauliflower-crust pizza just sounds godawful. Wonder how that one will fly in Rome? Probably out the window.
    Much like most other Americanized pizza I would assume.

You know what I tire of? This thread, and others just like it that have come before turning into a paleoer-than-thou circle jerk. It always read like vegans bashing vegetarians for not being hardcore enough. I don't give a grassfed fuck, really, what anyone else eats.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    You know what I tire of? This thread, and others just like it that have come before turning into a paleoer-than-thou circle jerk.
    Yeah. Because that's what it was meant to be.

/eye-roll

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't really eat that stuff either, but I am certainly not going to get my panties in a bunch if others want to. To each their own man...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast